ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back to ClioSport

Cup 172
Hi Guys,

finally back on clio sport for the 3rd time. i had a monaco 172 this time last year but sold up and had the pleasure of driving this for 10 months:

20121202_145508-1.jpg

20121202_145518.jpg

but after 2 clutches - 16mpg - moving out and it draining my bank more than a woman it needed to go.

so searched Ebay,Gumtree, & pistonheads for a good month this gem cropped up yesterday (only paid £1200):

179699_10153083299395556_1043617986_n_zps3ecbec3f.jpg

88k miles
coilovers
K&N
clean inside and out

and the best bit all the way from whitby to manchester it was averaging 44mpg which is unreal compared to what im used to!

only faults for me is the backbox needed replacing and MOT is due but apart from that im made up :)

hopefully im here for alot longer this innings :)

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Great little cars the Clio172/182 and relatively cheap to run, especially for yourself coming from the scooby! Hard to overlook them for the price you can pick them up for nowadays , Enjoy it !

Cup 172
haha - it wasnt so much the parts because it came with everything when i bought it it was the fuel - was mapped to 325bhp and me driving 30/40 miles a day that worked out at 20-30 quid a day - got home from whitby (140miles) on £20 in the clio :)

PB Clio 172
I dunno, friend of mine had a 450- 500bhp Evo and that ate clutches, was getting something like 10k on a clutch- moral of the story was... he couldn't afford it and sold up in the end!

Did you drive the scooby like it was stolen on a daily basis. Two clutches is shocking!!

Nice cup though

Cup 172
nope the first one i bought was a 3 plate paddle clutch (racing clutch) and i hated it then got an exedy organic clutch which was much better :) it wasnt that i shot them both it was just personal preference