ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back to standard air box?

Arctic Blue 182ff
Hi guys. Apologies in advance, I know this has been covered MANY times, however I'm struggling to find info on my particular induction kit, so thought I'd ask :)

Only had the car a few weeks, it has a Raid HP Induction Kit on it, and it sounds great over 5k rpm.... however I'm wise to the fact that Induction kits can lose you power. I've got the standard air box in the garage which I'm thinking about putting back on, currently with a brand new OEM filter in it... should I? I don't mind sacrificing 2hp for a nice sound and response... BUT will I get the same response as standard? I'd rather have my 2hp back and same response, and lose the noise, if that makes sense.. :)

Are they really quiet when standard? Should I maybe fork out for an ITG or K&N panel filter, and sell on the Raid HP?

Last 2 questions: which trader should I get a panel filter from (and which filter), and finally, any ideas how much the Raid is worth? Can't find much info on the net about it.

Thanks in advance :)

Si

RS Clio 172
Stick the standard one back in. Wouldn't even bother with a panel filter.