ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back to the dealer again!!

Inferno 182
My little inferno is once again back at the dealer for them to try and diagnose a buzz/vibration sound coming from the N/S/F area.
The car has just done 17k miles now. They have done the suspension top mounts which were apparently knackered (seemed strange at that low a mileage) which after a search seems to be a common thing.
But is there anything else people could suggest happens when car is warm after driving it for a bit (fine when cold :S) gets really bad after having a "spirited" drive and is really loud then.

Thinking along the driveshaft route!?

any ideas/suggestions.

thanks in advance

S4 Avant
1st priority, get it away from the dealers, and let some one look at it, who deals with 182s day in day out.

Inferno 182
1st priority, get it away from the dealers, and let some one look at it, who deals with 182s day in day out.

The only reason its there is because I only bought it at the beginning of December and its under warranty. I've even taken them out for a test drive so that they can hear it (which they did).
I just want it fix asap as I love the car, its just this noise is really starting to ruin the car for me.

clio sport f1
Hello guys
I have a clio f1 and it makes a grinding sound when driving as soon as you
push the clutch in it stops.

The car drives fine (the clutch is not slipping).

Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks

Inferno 182
buzzing sound only happens when warm and when accelerating, more so with some steering lock on.

It's A Reno
Hello guys
I have a clio f1 and it makes a grinding sound when driving as soon as you
push the clutch in it stops.

The car drives fine (the clutch is not slipping).

Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks

Start your own thread and don't hijack this one? ;)

Caterham 270R
When i drove it paul before x mas it must be the drive shaft ( N/S/F ).. They have had it twice is it to sort out the problems ???

The shafts come complete so it will be sorted , I dont want to mention the D word ( Diff );)

It didnt help putting that induction kit on , its so dam loud that it will drown out any other noise:cool::cool:

Keep me updated ok

Inferno 182
When i drove it paul before x mas it must be the drive shaft ( N/S/F ).. They have had it twice is it to sort out the problems ???

The shafts come complete so it will be sorted , I dont want to mention the D word ( Diff );)

It didnt help putting that induction kit on , its so dam loud that it will drown out any other noise:cool::cool:

Keep me updated ok

Will do dude. yeah twice already now in for the 3rd time :mad:

well what ever it is the warranty will be covering it just getting frustrated as bought a 182 for some fun yet seem to be driving a "57" plate campus loan car more now.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm assuming its Cooks that are working on the car??

If So, just ask that Paul works on it. (Lemonnobby1 on here) Good guy and knows his Clios very well.

Inferno 182
I'm assuming its Cooks that are working on the car??

If So, just ask that Paul works on it. (Lemonnobby1 on here) Good guy and knows his Clios very well.

It was him anyway and he seems to have cured it now by replacing all the engine mounts and tightening up a couple of items that had come a little loose just to make sure. top work by him!! :D:approve:

It's A Reno
It was him anyway and he seems to have cured it now by replacing all the engine mounts and tightening up a couple of items that had come a little loose just to make sure. top work by him!! :D:approve:

Glad you got it sorted, and for free too. :approve:

Inferno 182
Glad you got it sorted, and for free too. :approve:

You and me both! the smile is deffinately back :D;), and yes all done for free under the warranty for the car glad i spent a bit extra and got it from the dealers istead of buying it privately otherwise would have been quite a bill and no loan car,(even if it was a campus that had the thurst of a sport for petrol lol).

Wicked paul its all sorted ,No clunking noises at all ?? Brilliant

nope, none at all. Took it for a blast and a play and it was absolutely on the money no noises at all. :cool:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Hope so spoke to Mark ?? on reception normally 800 quid but i'm in the trade if that makes a diffrence ? Dando's Chipping sodbury

I use your parts/service department all the time!! 1000% useful and helpful people! :D

Marks a good lad.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I may have spoken to you several times before!! lol.

(Remember someone causing havoc over a key code for lost key on a 307?? Colshe Motor Company in Coalpit Heath??)

Caterham 270R
I may have spoken to you several times before!! lol.

(Remember someone causing havoc over a key code for lost key on a 307?? Colshe Motor Company in Coalpit Heath??)

Cant remember that one;) but must of spoken to you before. great company cooks the bodyshop spends loads of money with us.

See you on the 8th maybe