ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

backbox (clio 1.2)

Hi, iv got an 1.2 (8v) mk3 clio and im thinking about getting a back box.. however i havent got a clue which to get. I want something thats loud but not too loud.. what you guys use, what do you think? Also how hard would it be to fit? would i need to cut / weld the backbox?

Was thinking of getting this ashely backbox from potn.com.... http://cars.potn.com/product_info.php/cPath/618_702_1163_1202_1226/products_id/1411032http://cars.potn.com/product_info.php/cPath/618_702_1163_1202_1226/products_id/1411032

thanks!

http://pro1.org/miniclio.jpg

i have a powerflow and im pleased with it, although i have heard from most people that theyre crap! they probably are because they are universal and will probably end up losing you power! go for one from k-tec. www.k-tecracing.com. they are mint and well priced.

Stanced Honda S2000

wunt say cheap mate, clios kick arse on saxos, corsas etc. just better value for money ! clios rule !

yeah not cheap but ya kno :) just ordered some front fogs!! gona wire them up to my head lights think ill get pulled for havin um on ? using em as driving lights..

al

yea, i thought it was illegal to have ur fogs on with fog bulbs in when it wernt foggy, so i thought it would be ok if i put dimmer/ headlight ones in, but my mate told me NO lol. dont matter what bulbs, its still illegal :cry:

it is illegal, got pulled last year, early hours of the morning for having them on, luckly just got a warning and no fine. But I still drive around with mine on all the time, never been stopped this year for it, suppose it depends where u live

Audi S3 225

M8 get a ktec, ive got one very pleased with it. Or a powerflow is always a good option, up to you i like both.

btw that exhaust you have the link to is for the old shape clios, up to 1998. So it wont fit yours.

i got a rage 4" backbox, nice sounding. It does need to be welded on, and clamped with a bracket at the tail end, needs to be welded to stop it blowing.

Iv seen quite a few cars with the lower fogs on.. some of them are driving lights i think... i had them on my last car and didnt get pulled.

Ill give k-tec a ring... their site hasnt really got many of their products on it. Where you get urs from Jonesy? str8 from k-tec?

im going for 60mm lowering i think ;)

al

why cant you wire them into the control of your rear fogs, i have the same car and thats what i was gonna do when i finally get round to doing it? So that when you switch your rear fogs on your front ones come on aswell.

i have a rage back box and had to have it welded on with a bracket aswell.

Audi S3 225

Quote: Originally posted by pro1 on 30 October 2003

Iv seen quite a few cars with the lower fogs on.. some of them are driving lights i think... i had them on my last car and didnt get pulled.

Ill give k-tec a ring... their site hasnt really got many of their products on it. Where you get urs from Jonesy? str8 from k-tec?

im going for 60mm lowering i think ;)

al

Pro1 I get my exhaust straight from ktec bought it from their website, took about a week to come but they did have some delivery problems that week. All in all im very happy with it, sounds really beefy and very loud.

ahh dont really want a full system its not worth it on a 1.2.... ill find a gd backbox somewhere ;)

cheers