ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad idea

Just ordered a set of group "n" discs all round with mintex 1144 pads and thinking about fitting them myself. From what ive read in the haynes manual it looks like a dodle.

Is it really that simple? Anything i should be careful of? As you can imagine im a little worried about jumping on the anchors and nothing happening!

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

You need new Rear Bearings if youre replacing the disks - youll wreck the old ones trying to get them out - apart from that its not a hard job!

BMW 320d Sport

Yeah I think its pretty straightforward. The wheel bearings at the rear are the only problem. Actually I think if you get Renault rear discs they come with the bearing already fitted. Or maybe theyre the ABS discs.

easy peasy......and just use a large adjustable set of those huge pliers to push the piston back into the caliper. Just make sure its flat, mise now warped and sqeeks when going left and slowly.

Jon,

was that 50 quid for fitting the bearings as well?

I was reading through the haynes manual and it doesnt say anything about having to change the wheel bearings, is it just a case of being a little careful not to damage them?

Thanks for the help