ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad idle

RENAULT CLIO DYNAMIQ
Hi guys, Basically the car was in garage for like a year, started it and drow it to different garage without problem... Then changed water pump and timing belt. Jumpstarted it and everything worked fine, but only problem is a bad idle.. It stays around 1k a bit less, thats normal, but it jumps up and down to keep it going, and the feels like the car is struggling to keep it up.. What could be the problem?
Thanks in advance!

RENAULT CLIO DYNAMIQ
Yeah, thats what I thought, might be an air leak/vacuum leak.. need to check that first. could it be related to fuel as it smells like there is not a full combustion? Or it might be the air problem.. And its 1.4 16v 2003

PH2 172
Yeah, thats what I thought, might be an air leak/vacuum leak.. need to check that first. could it be related to fuel as it smells like there is not a full combustion? Or it might be the air problem.. And its 1.4 16v 2003

Hurrah, thanks for the info.

Are you still using year old petrol?, and is the battery sufficiently charged to start without jump leads?

Is your next step getting an MOT?

RENAULT CLIO DYNAMIQ
Hurrah, thanks for the info.

Are you still using year old petrol?, and is the battery sufficiently charged to start without jump leads?

Is your next step getting an MOT?
Yeah, i can start it now without jump leads but battery is still not perfect... Passed my MOT yesterday, and yeah was running old petrol but yesterday put in some fresh one.. Cheers

PH2 172
Yeah, i can start it now without jump leads but battery is still not perfect... Passed my MOT yesterday, and yeah was running old petrol but yesterday put in some fresh one.. Cheers

As it has stood a while, take it for a good 40/50 mile drive to blow out the cobwebs before chasing after a minor fault that may disappear with use.
As the water pump was changed, recheck coolant level in the expansion tank.
K4J has hydraulic tappets, so no worries there regarding valve clearances.

RENAULT CLIO DYNAMIQ
As it has stood a while, take it for a good 40/50 mile drive to blow out the cobwebs before chasing after a minor fault that may disappear with use.
As the water pump was changed, recheck coolant level in the expansion tank.
K4J has hydraulic tappets, so no worries there regarding valve clearances.
Right, Yeah Thats what I thought, maybe need to drive around and just see what happens.. Yeah coolant level is okay... thanks for advice

RENAULT CLIO DYNAMIQ
Let us know how it goes.
One 50 mile drive is what I meant, not 10 5 mile stop start trips.
Yeah will do! Yeah I know what you mean, And probably try higher RPMs.. Might change the fuel filter as well, it's probably not changed since the build year, LOL.. Thanks for advice!!!

RENAULT CLIO DYNAMIQ
Let us know how it goes.
One 50 mile drive is what I meant, not 10 5 mile stop start trips.
After driving around for a bit, haven't got a chance to go for a longer trip yet, but a it's getting better... just cleaned the throttle body and the RPM is 1k ish, and stays around there... Still struggles sometimes but getting better, so I believe a good drive will fix everything...
Just a quick question what cc fuel injectors does it have?

RENAULT CLIO DYNAMIQ

Attachments

• 8891909A-A64F-4EB5-8126-AED6E9E33E2E.jpeg
    8891909A-A64F-4EB5-8126-AED6E9E33E2E.jpeg
    645.1 KB · Views: 76