ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad roof wrap

clio 182 2005
Anyone on this have any idea how to get shop of at least ten year old carbon wrap ? Tried hot air gun and plastic blade . Various other liquids and nothing touches it . Would like to keep the paint underneath but its not looking hopeful. Any ideas ?

Attachments

• 20200710_115011.jpg
    20200710_115011.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 93
  clio 182 2005
Each little bit breaks away . The wrap has torn on each little block of carbon its like a million squares , it just laughs at the heat gun and blade as the blade skips over the top. And the bit I did get off the spoiler the glue has left an imprinted pattern in the paint so hope it mops out .

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Try a razor blade, but be careful.

I've removed a wrap before although it wasn't old and was just a solid colour. Heat gun to make it soft and a razor blade to get the initial bit up.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just done a Mini with the same issue. Took nearly 2 full days.

Keep the car in the shade and nice and cool. Soak it in Tar and Glue remover. (Tardis, Autoglym etc etc) leave it for an hour, re soak it in the same again. Leave an hour, re soak.

Then, get a Toffee wheel on a drill. (Plenty on eBay) and it will bump it off.

Keep plenty of clean rags (20 at least) by your side, plenty of tar and glue remover and stay in the shade.

Good luck! It nearly broke my spirits! Lol