ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad running on 182

RenaultSport clio 182
Hi, was wondering if anyone has any ideas. I have an 04 reg 182, over the last few days i have noticed a lack in power and rough running (not smooth delivery of power) also smell from exhausts seems different, more burnt oil smell. The other thing thats happening is the emmision light (yellow engine symbol) isnt coming on when the car is ticking over for a few minutes at standstill, it used to flash if you were stationary for a few minutes and then clear as soon as you set off, any help much appreciated.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
that light shouldnt really come on at all...

sparks and leads would be the first place i'd look... it could be misfiring

Last edited:
  RenaultSport clio 182
Thanks for that, iv bought some plugs will fit this weekend, do you have to change the plenum chamber gasket when you replace the plugs?

Lionel Richie
yep, did you buy the correct plugs?

i bet its a lambda sensor fault, the light should never come on, needs to go onto the computer really

RenaultSport clio 182
Thank you, plugs are bosch super 4 FR 78 X. Is it worth buying the hand held code reader from ktech (35 quid plus vat) would that show up lambda sensor fault?

RenaultSport clio 182
thanks fred for your response, do you not recommend the bosch plugs then? which ones should i get. ta

Lionel Richie
the correct plugs are £13 each (shop around £9 each is normal)

NGK PFR6E-10

there's a technical note from Renault stating these are the ONLY plugs that should be used