ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad_Pool_Header

ph2 172
Hello
I have a compaq C742EM laptop running Vista Home Premium. The other night whilst working on it, it suddenly restarted its self. Since then it has been behaving rather strange and seems to have got progressivley worse up until now where the laptop will not boot! It just goes in a cycle of POST, restart, POST and so on.

Safe Mode and the Repair my computer options on startup dont work, they either give the bad_pool_header error (BSOD) or just restart the machine.
I have tested the RAM, this comes back fine. I have tested the HDD, this also comes back fine.

If I boot from a vista dvd it will also crash, however if I use tools such as HIRENS or UBCD4WIN the machine is stable and I can run all the testing applications and navigate through the HDD with no problems.

Data etc is all backed up, how can I get this thing working!?!?!?

System Details:
Vista Home Premium
1GB Ram
Pentium Dual Core T2310
160GB SATA HDD

Any Help will be very appreciated
Tom

Cupra
Its not overheating is it? I had a laptop constantly cut out at random intervals as the fan/ heatsink were clogged up. Are the fans going pretty hard?