ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BadBoy bonnets HOW

I wanna badboy bonnet for my valver ph 1, Two bodyshops have told me 2 different ways they do it One place said, Move the bonnet forward then weld extensions over the headlights?

And another place said,

Extend the lip on the edge of the bonnet meaning the middle of the bonnet with the badge on as to be blown out to??

Which one sounds right??

How much does it normally cost to do???????

Cheers,Tony

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

i have a mate who may have a badboy bonnet soon

its not black but.............

TomClio16v- Not black no but i could get it sprayed;)

Essex_Lad - Im from the Birmingham area,

Which one sounds the right way to do it?????

Mrs' valver! &myV6 veccy

Im having one done on mine to about half way down.

To be honest both ways sound about right, probably depends whether you want the renault badge on it or not. Im having mine done the latter way, badge being removed.

Well, my bonnet was brought forward too like yours.. but now, it catches slightly, the lights have gotta be moved back - the things we do eh? Heh.

Car looking mint derv!

Pics of mine in the gallery.

What we done with mine was brought the bonnet forward a bit. It has to be done due to there not being a overlap with the lights and bonnet.

If they move the bonnet forward a bit there will be a gap at the back of the bonnet, then the front wheel arches wont match up to the bonnet, unless they weld another 2 pieces at the back of the bonnet.?

One garage quoted £170 and the other £200 because he is gonna weld 2 pieces at the back of the bonnet so it matches up with the arches + the paint is mettalic.

Yea, but its such a minor change, youd never notice it.

26 hours work on mine to get it all smooth and badge out.. but again, it is a pain with the damn lights.. I think £150 - £200 is cheap including spraying.. mine was more without spraying, heh.

Yeah them quotes are including spraying! Does a good job too.

He reckons hell need the car for about 2-3 days.

f**k me what a nice looking car^^^^^^^^^^^^^ i hope mine looks like that. Mines in metallic black with leathers.:cool:

Quote: Originally posted by Essex_Lad on 06 October 2003

ur cursed if u got a ph3 coz those lights! ne one else done a ph3 bad daz?
Ive seen one other one with it done..

I know most people, including bodyshops dont even attempt it..

both are incorrect u dont need to move the bonnet or buldge the fron section out

u cut 2 plates to the correct size and weld them across the lights with the plates ON TOP of the bonnet. tap it down to shap so they sit flush over the lights then fiberglass and filler

Quote: Originally posted by CS_Matt on 07 October 2003

both are incorrect u dont need to move the bonnet or buldge the fron section out

u cut 2 plates to the correct size and weld them across the lights with the plates ON TOP of the bonnet. tap it down to shap so they sit flush over the lights then fiberglass and filler
Thats how mine was done, although the tapping down and getting shape right took ages.

How can that be then? the two plates you weld on and knock into shape will sit higher than the mid section with the badge on wont it?

Nope.. because its welded onto the side.. so its levelish to start with then fillered all smooth.

Mrs' valver! &myV6 veccy

But surely the lights get in the way then?!

You wouldnt want too much filler as imagine whatd happen the first time you shut your bonnet!

Nothing, because it doesnt hit anything to crack.. or it shouldnt.

The lights dont get in the way cus the bonnet is moved forward to clear them..

Ive moved my bonnet forwards but now, it still catches, so the lights are having to be moved back.

Ive got a phs1 so its easier to do it on them. The way Daz says to do it is on the phs3 its a bit different aint it.

Is it best to weld 2 little extra bits to the back/side of the bonnet so it matches up with the front wheel arches?

You can do, but to be honest, its only a few mm.. you cant notice it unless you look really closely and KNOW it aint gunna be lined up.