ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Baffles gone

Clio sport 182
hi, in need of help, just been to the garage with a loud exhaust, to be told the baffles have gone & I need from down pipe back centre section of the exhaust. I’ve just rang Renault but the prices are crazy!! Does anyone know where I can get one that’s not going to cost as much as Renault? Thanks

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Yea, so they saying I need a new centre section from down pipe, Renault dealership expensive!

I didn't think there was a silencer on the exhaust besides the backbox...

Either way you're better off getting an aftermarket exhaust. The standard ones always rot. There are louder and quieter aftermarket options depending what you want.

Clio sport 182
Ideally, I prefer them quieter, I had a scorpion on which was really loud & hated it! So I converted back to the original. Renault are quoting £350 for the centre section from the down pipe... does that seem about right for that section?

182 Turbo
i wouldnt be spending out on any genuine renault exhaust parts, they rot. Which is no doubt what happened to yours. get something aftermarket stainless thatll cost you quarter of the price

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Sorry I'm not familiar with the 197 exhaust. It doesn't sound clear which part you need though, normally the bit after the manifold (or downpipe as some people refer to it) is the cat. Unless the cat is built into the manifold in which case it would just be a silencer or even straight pipe to the backbox(es).

FWIW scorpion exhausts are renowned for being very loud so perhaps don't rule out aftermarket just based on that experience, I'd guess that any aftermarket exhaust will be louder than the standard system though so if you don't want it to change then perhaps it'd be easier to just buy the Renault part. Check GSF/ECP though as there is probably a pattern part (copy) that'll be a lot cheaper than £350

Clio sport 182
i wouldnt be spending out on any genuine renault exhaust parts, they rot. get something aftermarket stainless thatll cost you quarter of the price
Yea I’m not a fan of genuine Renault... do you have any ideas? Ideally I want something not loud at all!

182 Turbo
Yea I’m not a fan of genuine Renault... do you have any ideas? Ideally I want something not loud at all!
you could have something custom made with a center silencer for probably £100-200 , or just get yourself a full aftermarket system for £400 odd

Clio sport 182
Ah ok thanks, well I went to a HiQ garage as it was on my way home, they said go to Renault for it! Maybe they not that familiar with 197s

182 Turbo
your existing center section might be able to be repaired aswell, get it to an exhaust place to have a look, or get under it yourself and have a look

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I wouldn’t know where to start looking for a custom/aftermarket one.
It won't be that cheap IMO. Honestly if you just want to keep the car standard then Renault might be your only option. Had a quick look online and there is 1 result I could find for a centre silencer for a 197 and that was £175 posted from Germany.

That said it might be easy enough to find another option more local

Clio sport 182
It won't be that cheap IMO. Honestly if you just want to keep the car standard then Renault might be your only option. Had a quick look online and there is 1 result I could find for a centre silencer for a 197 and that was £175 posted from Germany.

That said it might be easy enough to find another option more local
Thanks, for your help, much appreciated. I’ve had a look online & rang Renparts/sport try haven’t got anything, I’m going to a local tyre/exhaust place that do after market exhaust, if that fails I think Renault.