ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ball joints fu**ed

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

a really worn balljoint can cause excessive tyre wear on the edges.it will also affect the handling and make a knocking when they get really worn.if there worn/play in them i would change them asap.

Burgandy 174 sport t

do I need a press to fit these Jay??? and I just put new tyres on today so dont wanna f**k em!!!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

if its a clio then no.the balljoint is held onto the wishbone by two 16m nuts and bolts.there is a 16m bolt and nut that tightens up a pinch bolt to fix it to the hub.once the pinch bolt 16m nut and bolt is removed you may need to open the pinch joint up slightly with a chisel to release the balljoint.easy job mate.

Burgandy 174 sport t

I asked my mechanic mate to do it as a homer and he said I needed a press!!! oh well you fix em every day so Il take your word on that!! how much am I lookin at???

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

clio balljoints are bolted on.its other models like laguna etc where the balljoint is a press fit into the wishbone.balljoints are about £35 each.

If you call Mick a mate you are well mistaken. I hope you are not talking about him. He will not do you a turn if you were his brother.

just did my rod arm joints and ball joints today, MAHOOSIVE difference.....thank god, its nice to drive again.

Burgandy 174 sport t

ally it certainly wasnt mick!!!! I might look stupid but I aint!!!

p.s that tft monitor is tiny!!!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Big Iain on 20 February 2004

do you have to do both???

how much would reno charge?? and could I wangle it as under warranty???
just replace the ones with play in.if the mileage and age is low there may be a renault contribution.they would probably be completly covered if its still in its first years warranty.

Burgandy 174 sport t

phoned today jay and they said it was covered under warranty but I said I had lowered the car and they said oh.... bring it in and we wil have a look but will charge you to look at it!!!1

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

im pretty sure youll be ok.most dealers wouldnt really make a thing of the vehicle being lowered but i suppose it all depends on your dealer.