ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Balls, Snapped High Tensile Bolt :(

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Fuming :rage:

I am changing the Discs on the Mrs's car and the Caliper bolts were on silly tight and on trying to undo the second one it snapped right off :rage:

Any ideas on how to get this out? trying drilling it with a HSS drill bit but it hardly marked it šŸ˜ž

Pic of Bolt and thread still embedded it. :rage:

20160525_171305.jpg

Cheers.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
You need a good quality set of cobalt drill bits mate. As you've found, HSS just gets laughed out of town. Start with a small size and use some form of lubricant to keep the tip of the bit cool.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
You need a good quality set of cobalt drill bits mate. As you've found, HSS just gets laughed out of town. Start with a small size and use some form of lubricant to keep the tip of the bit cool.
Cheers NorthloopCup, and ideas who stock them? checked Screwfix/Wickes and B&Q and nothing there šŸ˜ž

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers NorthloopCup, and ideas who stock them? checked Screwfix/Wickes and B&Q and nothing there šŸ˜ž
No problem. Off the top of my head no, as I have a snap on set. We have a local place that has them in stock as well, but obviously that's no good to you!
You could try some fresh HSS bits and start small, then work your way up the sizes. You might get lucky.