ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bang bang

any body had a nasty banging noise when accelerating hard in 1st and then in 2nd ? does it most in the wet or on bumpy road ? please help as renault cant find it !

320d M Sport

not like the 172

sounds terrible, like its broke. everyone thinks its laughable where i work!

and yeah, reno wont/cant/dont know how to fix it. Think the 182s are doing it too.

not all cars do it, my mates 20VT runs 220BHP through front wheels and makes no noise at all. Never heard a CTR do it either??

Anything from the fleet

my dads volvo t5 does it, its just the power throught the wheels when theres no grip, kinda bangs a little!

Hi Mate

My brand new 54 reg 182 does it aswell, its been in but they cant do anything yet, renault are aware and are currently looking at a way to sort it I was told today.Maybe expect recalls in next 6 months or so.

Sounds good though, like a backfire twice!!

Titanium 182

just take it easy when its wet

does sound terrible in the clio

u think f**k have just f**ked something bad

Quote: Originally posted by GTATTY182 on 09 October 2004

My brand new 54 reg 182 does it aswell, its been in but they cant do anything yet, renault are aware and are currently looking at a way to sort it I was told today.Maybe expect recalls in next 6 months or so.
Renault have ben claiming to "fix" the problem for yrs there is nothing much they can do unless the engine etc is hiting other bits its just a weekness in the cars design.

All FWD cars do this.

When a RWD car accelarates weight switches to the rear of the car and presses the wheel even more into the road. The opposite occurs on a FWD car, the front wheels become lighter and if they lose adhesion to the road they can start to bounce on and off the tarmac (tyres are a rubber balloon after all.)

TBH i find my 172 doesnt suffer from this that much, apart from very hard acceleration with the ESP/TC off on a straight wet road.

VaVa

Mine does it something terrible. Its got worse as my tyre tread has decreased. And the TC cant seem to react quick enough to catch it. It feels like the engine is trying to make its way through the dash board.:sick:

P

peterh2

My brothers 03 clio dynamique+ 1.4 16v is quite bad for this as well in the wet compared to my valver.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by cliopower on 09 October 2004
I thought that has the engine hitting the subframe that causes the bang.

Its caused by an engine mount under the car battery, the engine rocks back and forward an incredible amount, replacing this mount will cure it, but only for a short period as the part appears to be crap.

320d M Sport

its that bad, i bet u can here it from 20/30 mtrs away. no blag! ive heard loads of 172s do it as the meets.

f**kin joke!! as for REno fixing it, dont make me laugh, theyre not arsed once theyv got ur money!

hooray renault fixed it today, cost me £25 + the tw*t, sumthing to do with the exhaust manifold ????????????? they said it wasnt warranty @ this age !!!!!!!!!!:mad:

they booked out a cable tie, when i questioned it no 1 could answer wot it was 4 ? cant wait till its dry outside av a look:eek: