ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bank Holiday Fun.. Mitsubishi FTO Detail

Audi TT 225
Evenin' everyone :) Today's bank holiday was spent working with my mate on his much loved "driven not detailed" FTO. However, he had agreed to let me loose on it with the few products I've been collecting over the past weeks. We were by no means after a full correction (there were plenty of deeper scratches and even clear coat failure on the bonnet).

0.jpg

Anyway, onward to a few before shots

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

There were also a few issues with the headlights

3.jpg

Dirty

5.jpg

Dirty and swirly!

6.jpg

As you can see, not a pretty looking motor at the moment! Gave her a quick spray and snow foam to get the ball rolling. Also used some Valet pro wheel cleaner with a bit of agitation from the wheel brush the grime just fell off :thumb:.

7.jpg

8.jpg

I like the snow foam :) Here are a few shots afterward

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Next to the claying, the car was covered so had to resort to the tardis I've purchased from eBay a few days previous, never used it before but was pretty impressed with the results.

The clay!

12.jpg

A quick swirly shot after drying, I can't remember which panel it was, oops!

14.jpg

Had quick play with the products I had available but the damage was pretty heavy so ended up using Menz Power Gloss with my Das 6 :buffer:. I followed this up later on with Menz Final Finish.

Here is a quick 50:50 of the boot. It's not perfect under close inspection but it's pretty dam good. Good enough for what we were after anyway. :thumb:

15.jpg

Another couple of quick shots from random panels (must remember to make notes)

16.jpg

17.jpg

Me in action! I'm not very tall :D

18.jpg

Next up was a bit of work on the wheels, plastics, glass etc using AG Bumper Care, AG Fast Glass (I admit to raiding Halfords, it was the best i could find :)) and some Duragloss 253. Also a quick polish on the exhaust with some metal cleaner. No more pic's at this stage for some reason! Must have been keen to start some waxing!

Gave the car a quick IPA rub down followed by some Dodo Lime Prime Light and then it was on to the waxing, we had a sample tub of Dodo Hard Candy (not 100% sure this was the best wax for the colour but it did the trick). We used all of it!

A bit of 1500 wet and dry, rubbing compound and some polishing left us with this on the front lights, much better ;)

23.jpg

Here are a few afters.

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

24.jpg

A quick shot of the clay and wax for no real reason

25.jpg

Audi TT 225
Hehe, cheers guys, I need to get round to waxing my own car first I think ;) It's due a fresh coat. The FTO will look spot on after the bonnet re-spray. My mate is very happy with the results. :D

Here is the before and after shot

b4+after.jpg

Bumder With A Buffer
I want your D handle that you have on your DAS!...My Kestrel doesnt have one and it pisses me off :(

Audi TT 225
I want your D handle that you have on your DAS!...My Kestrel doesnt have one and it pisses me off :(

Do'h, I find the D handle much easier to use, i'm sure there are some who prefer the other grip though which means they would have a spare D :)