ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bar in my boot?

182 inside
2 x bolts and it comes off. it's if you have the baby seat system or for hooking the cargo net/boot tidy onto.

Evo 6, E92 320d
If its the 1 i think i cut my finger open on its underside when putting in my sound deadening, its got a sharp edge so be careful.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I broke a Halfords proffesional ratchet trying to get the bolts out.....

Good luck!

Mazda MX5 1.8
yeah one of my bolts was fine

the other was a total b*tch to get out!! was seriously sweaty after that

i put mine back in as it holds the carpet in place in the boot and looks a lot more tidy with it in

80MPG BEEZA
yeah one of my bolts was fine

the other was a total b*tch to get out!! was seriously sweaty after that

i put mine back in as it holds the carpet in place in the boot and looks a lot more tidy with it in

you put a big metal bar back in because it holds the carper in place? ever heard of glue? double sided tape?

you should see what i did with mine :quiet:

Mazda MX5 1.8
i suppose velcro would work........ obviously tape wouldnt be great when you need to get to the spare/tools

also it holds my umbrella in place and stops it rolling around in the boot! :D

Mk2 172
Just leave it. it aint doin any harm there and your never goin to notice a difference if you take it out!!!

Mk2 Ph1 Clio Sport 1.4
lots and lots of wd 40 is the solution to getting this out. Undo as far as you can, spray loads of wd40 on the thread of the bolt, do up tight again and then repeat.

BMW M135i
The bolts stick through to the underside of the car so they get covered in crap and start to rust etc. When your removing them and they start to get tight you need to tighten the bolt and few turns to clear the thread then start undoing them again. Otherwise the thread will jam and the bolts will shear eventually as some people have found out.

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
don`t know m8, i keep a bar in the drivers door just in case sum 1 try`s car jacking me lol, no1 and i mean NO1 is takin my car :evil:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
don`t know m8, i keep a bar in the drivers door just in case sum 1 try`s car jacking me lol, no1 and i mean NO1 is takin my car :evil:

Does the cup not come with anti "gangsta" locks?