ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bargain 197?

Clio 197
Hello all,
Picked up a 197 with a great spec no issues that I can see drives true and gearbox okay.
Paid asking £3200
Mileage 73k
Full service history with every receipt and even sales invoice from first owner buying it new.
New brakes all round, control arms and power steering pump within last year.

What do you think? I've been on the lookout for one for months.

Clio 197
Advertised on facebook marketplace. Went up for sale saturday night and I was hammering the guy on Sunday morning for 6am to viewit to buy. I'm now the forth owner, no modifications so very happy. Drove back 70 miles through b roads alot of traffic but got 39mpg so happy with that.
Previous car ownership focus 1.6, golf gti mk7 and main car bmw 116d. Love the car handles like it's on rails, very direct.
Belts need doing last done 2014.

Clio 197
Yes about that, still makes a very good buy I think.

GTI, what a car.
A lot of power, felt light as was 1350kg I believe, it contained a lot gear and 5 doors etc. Had it on a two years on a lease deal £180 p/m on a 3x23 deal so quite the bargin. Very well posed on the twisty roads, excellent fuel economy for 230hp, 45mpg @70mph and 50 @60mph. Adaptive cruise control was a very nice! Deal was up so we got a 116d as wife was never overly impressed with fuel economy, 3 month of owning that car and I now have a 197 as a weekend car as the 116d is horrid as a drivers car.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
A shame for Mk6 are still up there price wise. Been looking at them for a little while.