ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Barum tyres!

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
My 182 needs new tyres front 2, and have been looking about and fround these! Are they any good?

Barum, bravuris 2.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
There a good budget tyre which I would happily have on a normal car, not saying mine is anything special but you know what I mean.

53 Clio's & counting
I have to say, they are actually alright.

The Bravarias 2 are Barums 'sport' tyre, and yes Barum are owned by Continental.

Although a budget tyre, if I had to buy a cheap tyre it would be a barum. They grip pretty well, and they are quite soft, so do offer good grip, and break away gently.

So if you really can't afford a premium tyre, then Barum is what I would recommend.

Barums other offererings are cheap and nasty - I would only use the Bravarius 2's

Turbo 182 Alfa 159

I have hankook v12's and find them crap!! sidewalls are make of jelly.. won't be buying them again!!

Each to their own, your the 1st person I have come across that doesn't like them.

What are using them for though? General day to day driving or hooning around a track?

They are quite a soft tyre but they are great in wet and dry, probably crap on track being so soft they wouldn't last 2 minutes but they are better than t1rs and proxe 4's etc. Especially for what they cost!

Phase 2 172 Sport
I have just brought 2 Kuhmo' and for £150 fitted can't really go wrong considering there budget option was only £5 per corner cheaper for 16's.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I have to say, they are actually alright.

The Bravarias 2 are Barums 'sport' tyre, and yes Barum are owned by Continental.

Although a budget tyre, if I had to buy a cheap tyre it would be a barum. They grip pretty well, and they are quite soft, so do offer good grip, and break away gently.

So if you really can't afford a premium tyre, then Barum is what I would recommend.

Barums other offererings are cheap and nasty - I would only use the Bravarius 2's
i have to agree with this they are ok, if putting on the front get extra loads

Each to their own, your the 1st person I have come across that doesn't like them.

What are using them for though? General day to day driving or hooning around a track?

They are quite a soft tyre but they are great in wet and dry, probably crap on track being so soft they wouldn't last 2 minutes but they are better than t1rs and proxe 4's etc. Especially for what they cost!

No i just have them for road use i put 32psi (and tried different pressures)in the fronts and when you go around corners a bit faster than you should :eek:they feel as if the walls are folding in!

In the wet they are shocking i would put them on par with wanlips turn the wheel and you go straight and before its said i don't drive like a **** and especially not in the wet.

Contis are going to be going on next

But again each to their own

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
No i just have them for road use i put 32psi (and tried different pressures)in the fronts and when you go around corners a bit faster than you should :eek:they feel as if the walls are folding in!

In the wet they are shocking i would put them on par with wanlips turn the wheel and you go straight and before its said i don't drive like a **** and especially not in the wet.

Contis are going to be going on next

But again each to their own

Fair enough. I ran them on my last car, diesel grande punto. I do plenty miles and I never found them to be a problem in wet or dry. I got around 8k out of a set of fronts, not much but i thought for the grip they provided and the price they cost they were great especially with the heavy diesel lump up front on top of them.

But everyone has different opinions :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They are actually good proper budget tyres.

You might find better for similar price though as they aren't that cheap.