ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Basic 182 tuning

clio 200 F4Rt
i did miss it for a while, but i enjoy the clio so much, and its a quicker car! oh and being safe in the knowledge that the 182 is gonna be a serious bit of kit once i finish with it (but my lips are sealed!) :D :D :D

Megane Trophy, Golf
ppysjrh said:
Hey all. Just bought a 2nd hand 182, black gold with cup packs and Recaro Trendlines :D . Should get it next weekend...!
Am just wondering what the consensus is on the "basic" tuning options available for the 182, eg K&N air filter, different spark plugs etc.
Anyone fitted any of these modifications, do they make a real difference? What happened to the warrenty?

yeah mate! got a panel filter K & N for me cup and some Denso iridium spark plugs! noticed quite a difference!:D

Megane Trophy, Golf
IsvenII said:
^^ wat's the part number for the denso iridium? ik20?

Not sure mate! thrown box for the plugs away! they are the ones with platinum and iridium, its seems a lot smoother and better acceleration!:rolleyes:

^^ did you adjust the gap? i was told the gap on the denso is not the same as the oem plug. do you experience misfiring during start-up after some hard driving?

agree totally. was conned by my mechanic who said the denso ik is fine for the car. i experienced misfiring during start up after a few rounds on the track. have since changed to oem ones.

Black Gold 182 Cupped up
Hi, I was interested in the comment about "K & N loseing you power" on a 182, is this for a replacement panel filter or induction kit? why is this? do you think the standard airbox is pretty good to start with?

Focus ST
brotherbern said:
Hi, I was interested in the comment about "K & N loseing you power" on a 182, is this for a replacement panel filter or induction kit? why is this? do you think the standard airbox is pretty good to start with?

Don't even consider these, just go for ITG panel filter. I haven't heard a bad word about these. Opinion varies for the others... :approve:

Focus ST
theduckeatspork said:
Personally would wait for angelworks exhaust, and the consider yozzasprt, angelworks and BTB

Agreed. Again I haven't heard any bad reports about these guy's exhaust. Don't forget BBPT (BB Performance Tuning in Essex). They've start getting custom jobbas built, through another company.

If like me you want something good (stainless) & reasonable go for a Blueflame Exhaust. Just got mine fitted. Foooookin excellent! Really sounds puka. Pulls a lot better through the rev range in all gears, a little more torque I recon in gears.

I'd go for ITG Filter, Exhaust, Brakes, Springs + Shocks, Inlet Matching, Chip. In that order (this is just my opinion).

Black Gold 182 Cupped up
Cheers guys, this is the best advice so far. Most places just want to sell you there stuff.

Brakes - What do you rekon? I already have Cup set up.
Springs and shokes - ?
Chip - by who?

Brakes - yozzasport package with braided lines
Springs and shocks - eibach sportline or prolines with koni yellow shocks
Chip - RSTuning (Pmurray on here)

Focus ST
brotherbern said:
Cheers guys, this is the best advice so far. Most places just want to sell you there stuff.

Brakes - What do you rekon? I already have Cup set up.
Springs and shokes - ?
Chip - by who?

Brakes - Without doubt for price and quality, Fred @ YozzaSport (Sometime online here).
Springs & Shocks - Again Fred is the Suspension Guru. At least Eibach Sportlines.
Chip - Bit contraversial. PMurray is doing a group buy at the mo, Clio Spares Forum.

clio 200 F4Rt
you dont say what your budget is.

Brakes - Shed Motorsport Compbrake 4 pot kit on a 2 peice 295mm disc.

Exhaust - Shed Motorsport BTB cat back system

Shocks - H&R coilovers

Chip - no, remap yes!

i am a little biased, but then if you want the very best, then these are the only real options (apart from angleworks exhaust system, but who knows on price and when its ready).

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
whats the cost of the compbrake kit? what pads does it use & does it fit under 15's? any pics Matt?

clio 200 F4Rt
hi haitch, got the call on friday that the prototype kit was finished, so i should see it tuesday or wednesday.

Pad wise, compbrake reccommend Hawk pads, but they are same design pads as another calliper thats out there, so gonna investigate and see whats available!

They are designed to fit under 15's! using a pretty big 295mm disc! :D :D

prices need to be confirmed, but they will be about 650, plus pads.

pics and details will up as soon as they come through!

BMW 320d SE
gt_gaz said:
modded inlets, can't recommend them enough

i have mine done, best value for money
I've just looked at the GDI website - does this really make much of difference? I'm a bit unsure as to what exactly they do with this process?

Karlos69 said:
I've just looked at the GDI website - does this really make much of difference? I'm a bit unsure as to what exactly they do with this process?

they shave metal from the inlet manifold to make it the shape it should have been to start with.

BMW 320d SE
theduckeatspork said:
they shave metal from the inlet manifold to make it the shape it should have been to start with.
Sounds like a good idea, but also sounds a touch expensive for what is basically a bit of metal filing. Still, it's something I may well look into getting done early next year.

Karlos69 said:
Sounds like a good idea, but also sounds a touch expensive for what is basically a bit of metal filing. Still, it's something I may well look into getting done early next year.

it is when you look at it like that, but you have to remember its the 'right' metal filing!

BMW 320d SE
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting the effectiveness of the work, just the fully fitted price! I just wish these things weren't quite so pricey.