ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Basic Gaming PC Build

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I want to build a Gaming PC, I dont do alot of PC gaming but when I do id rather play with decent graphics rather than everything on low..

Iv budgeted around £750 for everything, is it possible to build a decent Intel Gaming rig for that?

If so help would be nice as I have no idea what im looking for.. All I know is how to put it together 😂

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Does it have to be intel? I built my pc for around £700 including OS (no peripherals though besides a £30 mouse), but I'm running AMD CPU and graphics. Runs most games I have on the highest or second highest settings.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Ahh ok, much more doable, will take a look and spec up something!

I could get away with my current case really but fancy something a bit better as its just a basic HP case i stole from a mate as my old pc case was a small one and I couldnt fit the gfx card in :persevere:

F82 M4
I've priced one up coming it at £840. That's with a GTX 970 though. If you want a lesser card, like a 760 (or wait for the 960), it comes it at around £745.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
£750 will get you a cracker.

100% try to stretch a little further to get a SSD too - makes huge sense.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

So il need a Graphics card on top of all this?

The one I have has burnt out and stopped working hence the need for a new PC

F82 M4
That intel SSD I posted has pretty low speeds actually. I don't know much about SSD's tbh but I'd look for higher write/read speeds than that one. Someone may correct me though :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
That intel SSD I posted has pretty low speeds actually. I don't know much about SSD's tbh but I'd look for higher write/read speeds than that one. Someone may correct me though :smile:
Yeah, agreed... I'd probably look to spend another 20 quid or so and go for a Samsung 840 EVO SSD. They are fantastic and significantly better performance than the Intel.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Yeah, agreed... I'd probably look to spend another 20 quid or so and go for a Samsung 840 EVO SSD. They are fantastic and significantly better performance than the Intel.
Ok something to note thanks Andy!

as in my previous post what graphics card would you recommend to go with the rest?

2014 Focus Titanium
G.Skill 8GB(2x4GB) Ares PC-14900 1866mhz Cas9 1.5v Blue Kit £62.54
PNY GeForce GTX760 2GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Graphics Card £167.48
Intel Core i5 4670K 3.40GHz Socket 1150 6MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor £182.24
Gigabyte GA-Z97M-DS3H Socket LGA 1150 VGA DVI HDMI 8 Channel Audio uATX Motherboard £73.43
Coolermaster G-Series 700W Fully Wired 80+ Bronze Power Supply £47.99
Fractal Design Define R4 Silent Black Pearl Case £69.99
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev 2 Socket 775, 1150, 1156, 1155, 1366, AM2, AM3 Heatpipe CPU Cooler £18.10
Crucial 240GB M500 SATA 6Gbps 2.5 SSD £74.99
WD 1TB Blue Desktop Drive 3.5" SATA-III 7200RPM 64MB £43.28
Cart total inc vat: £740.04

That's a quick one thrown together at Ebuyer, it'd be worth buying different components from different suppliers to get the best deal and you could easily get it under £700.

It's almost identical to my current which performs great, and you'll be able to upgrade components easily in the future without having to do the full lot.

DCi
I have that mobo, a 4590 processor and a GTX760 graphics card (+ os on a SSD, stuff on big drive infact)

it performs fine!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Ok something to note thanks Andy!

as in my previous post what graphics card would you recommend to go with the rest?
Regarding the Samsung 840 EVO SSD's... you might find they've come down in price a touch as they've now brought out their 850 range. :)

It's a tough call regarding the graphics card; it can get silly expensive very quickly (and can easily become a budget-breaker!) The thing is, on here at least, a lot of folks are 'enthusiast-level' hence tend to aim for the higher end of the market (and would think nothing of spending 400+ quid on a graphics card, funds permitting of course!) I think I would probably be looking at the nVidia GTX 760 range or, if you can wait a little longer, looking at something a little more modern - i.e. the nVidia GTX 960. There's talk of the 960 being very overclockable but there's also talks of delays until 2015...! Maybe the 760 is the way to go :)

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
I love my HIS 7970 - It has no issues with anything.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Regarding the Samsung 840 EVO SSD's... you might find they've come down in price a touch as they've now brought out their 850 range. :smile:

It's a tough call regarding the graphics card; it can get silly expensive very quickly (and can easily become a budget-breaker!) The thing is, on here at least, a lot of folks are 'enthusiast-level' hence tend to aim for the higher end of the market (and would think nothing of spending 400+ quid on a graphics card, funds permitting of course!) I think I would probably be looking at the nVidia GTX 760 range or, if you can wait a little longer, looking at something a little more modern - i.e. the nVidia GTX 960. There's talk of the 960 being very overclockable but there's also talks of delays until 2015...! Maybe the 760 is the way to go :smile:

I dont mind putting a little extra in for a good card but as I say I dont game much (mainly because iv never had a PC good enough to play decent games :tonguewink:)

Something like this be any good or should I stretch a little more?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FOQZZ6Y/?tag=cliospnet01-21

@GiT

BMW M4; S1000 RR
If you're looking at AMD cards (no reason why you shouldn't, especially on a budget) then you might as well go for the 290 or 290X (very little in it between those two, but the difference between them and a 270/280 would be silly to ignore).

F82 M4
I dont mind putting a little extra in for a good card but as I say I dont game much (mainly because iv never had a PC good enough to play decent games :tonguewink:)

Something like this be any good or should I stretch a little more?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FOQZZ6Y/?tag=cliospnet01-21

@GiT

I've just thought I actually have a spare 280x you can buy off me for £100 posted. That'll make your build come up to £680 :)

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
What CPU cooler for around £30-£40?
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo. Can pick them up for £25 on Amazon and I've heard nothing but praise for them.

I personally don't have one yet because I can't fit it in my case lol (they are TALL) but my mate has one and its an excellent cooler for the price.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Chop chop, you need a headset and H1Z1 and DayZ.

Just seen this aswell haha, i have a headset and DayZ, had it since release but it pissed me off, stepping off small ledges and breaking legs got tedious haha

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Do you play the standalone day z? I got it very early on and it was very buggy. Is it any good yet?

Yeah I enjoy it now, it still has some bugs but its far more stable now. I generally only play it when on with a few mates, its a bit boring on your own I find. Same with H1Z1 although given that is only in Alpha at the moment I find it a lot better than DayZ when that first came out.