ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Basic Interior Mods?

Clio Dynamique 75
Hey guys was just wondering whats the basic interior mods to do, ive already added a fairly decent Stereo with dvd player, also added a sub and amp andsome boot L.E.D.S, but wanna do abit more to the car, does anyone have any ideas?

Renault clio 182
Austin-182 does great work trimming A-Pillar covers and many other interior parts in alcantara,have a chat to him. Pay your £12 for full membership to access his Austin Alcantara trade section

172 Phase II
Maybe a start button? But one where you still have to put the key in. Some nitrous style switches to maybe control footwell lights/leds. Or an underbody neon kit for which you can also use the switches. (Although technically that's not part of the interior..)

Clio Dynamique 75
Thanks for you both for posting i had a look at austins trade section and looked at the A pillars and ido liek them i also like the handbrake cover is well, its give it a nice effect, and Ezra-RS i was thinkign about having switches for the footwell L.E.D.S but wouldnt knowwhere to put the switches and how would i install astart button?

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
if you want i can do you an led dash conversion for your rev / speed dials, providing you can send it in post or come over to good ol norfolk lol

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
My nans from norwich actually haha, howdo you do dash conversions?

well depends what you want, switch lights (electric window switches etc) are fairly easy standard 3mm led bulbs.
the actual mph/rev dash depends which one you have, but they are all smd leds, very small, very tricky to put on unless you take ur time, can be done tho and involves use of a soldering iron. you have to remove the upper dash, which is fairly easy.
i would happily help you out with it, i live in norwich as well. my car has kinda been a guinea pig lol, but i know how to do it now.
if you want i can send you over some pics of what i have done to mine.

Last edited:
  16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
Haha pictures would be good always good to see peoples work on here and get some tips :)

ive been meaning to do some for a while now, a few of the chaps on ere have helped me out alot. damn phone died tho, hate htc's there crappy warranty and customer service. might just have to steal the misses blackberry tonight lol

Clio Dynamique 75
ive been meaning to do some for a while now, a few of the chaps on ere have helped me out alot. damn phone died tho, hate htc's there crappy warranty and customer service. might just have to steal the misses blackberry tonight lol

i did watch a video on youtube, on how to do it but the tutorial on it was a failure and the sound was crap couldnt hear what he was saying, and Yes to the blackberry :D

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
i did watch a video on youtube, on how to do it but the tutorial on it was a failure and the sound was crap couldnt hear what he was saying, and Yes to the blackberry :D

that's correct yes! there is a good video on-line showing how to do it. i would say unless your fairly confident with a soldering iron, don't attempt it tho.

Clio Dynamique 75
i aint confident but i have a friend who is quite good a soldering will ask him todo it for me, what do i need to make my dashboard blue?

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
i aint confident but i have a friend who is quite good a soldering will ask him todo it for me, what do i need to make my dashboard blue?

well is it a digital dash or analog dials for the fuel and temp gauges?

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
so you need 4 http://www.crazyleds.co.uk/1-x-Blue-PLCC-2-3528-SMD.html for the dials and for the diigital display you need 4 http://www.crazyleds.co.uk/1-x-White-3-chip-PLCC-4-3528-SMD.html

The digital display is harder to solder as there are not just 2 connections but 4 each, an absolute t*** to do.

crazy leds website is brilliant, you will also want 2 http://www.crazyleds.co.uk/Blue-286-T5-3xPLCC-2-wedge-base-push-fit-led.html for the centre clock (it displays the time and temp) you will also need a white lcd filter for that! oh and 2 of these to hold them in:http://www.crazyleds.co.uk/509T-twist-lock-holder..html

Clio Dynamique 75
hahahaah yeah dont wanna do that i might buy a second hand dashboard there about £15 - £25 from a scrapys so might practice on a old one, and try and get good at it, practice makes perfect lol :)

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
hahahaah yeah dont wanna do that i might buy a second hand dashboard there about £15 - £25 from a scrapys so might practice on a old one, and try and get good at it, practice makes perfect lol :)

good luck finding one that cheap, i didnt need a new one, but i enquired about one at a scrappy before i carried out the work (just in case) and most of them quoted me £70 for it. the smds are 3mm big, lol