ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bassbox query

Just installed an Infinity Basslink this afternoon. Noticed that whenever i change source (CD-Radio-CD) i get a low thud from the Basslink. Is this normal ? if not any suggestions as to how it can be eliminated ?

The power turn on for the Basslink is activated through connections to the rear speakers as instructed in the manual.

Cheers

Do you mean connect both the Rem lead to the HU, and also keeping the speaker wired up as they are now to the Basslink ?

I've tried connecting the Rem lead from the Basslink to the Blue/white stripe cable from the HU in my first setup, but the system wouldn't boot up. I checked through an amp meter and there is a +Vdc coming from the blue/white stripe cable from my HU when its on. The other wierd thing is that after i connect the Rem wire from the Basslink to the HU and then switch on, i check again with the meter and the +Vdc is lost ?
Had another go this afternoon and just connected the speaker wires to the Basslink and it worked (did nothing with Rem wire as i thought it was now redundant).

modded 04 Clio 1.2
sounds abit strange not sure how its supposed to be setup but normally when you plugin an amp/sub package:-
connect battery + to amp
vehicle body (ground) to amp
HU remote connection to + rem on amp(or piggyback battery + ro rem connection on amp (with switch or battery goes dead))
HU phono to amp phono or speaker cable to high gain input on amp
amp speaker to sub
this will work 100% however you need to check and make sure all the fuses are working

R35 GTR
the remote wire on the HU is grey, I cut the insulation off and conected it to that, search for an amp fitting guide on here, there is a picture of which wire it is.