ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Batman: Arkham City

F82 M4
Had a quick bash last night, can already tell it's going to be an epic game. I'm already taken in by the story. Quick question, are the PC gamers using K&M or a gamepad for this? The K&M seams to work pretty well for me but not sure whether or not to switch to the 360 pad.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
http://www.vg247.com/2011/08/02/batman-arkham-city-pre-order-bonus-fashion-parade/

Life is cruel sometimes. In a perfect world, you could buy all the Batman: Arkham City skins in one package. But alas, some of these excellent costumes are only available at certain retailers and with special promotional packages. Keep in mind, this breakdown from Arkham City is a listing of the promotions that will available for the UK release. It's fairly certain that, Arkham City's American launch will play by other rules, requiring you to make purchases at entirely different outlets and retailers. (If only there was one place to get all five.)

* Batman Beyond -- Pre-order Batman: Arkham City from GameStop.co.uk or MightyApe
* Dark Knight Returns -- Purchase the Batman: Arkham City Collector's Edition, Any Store
* Earth One Batman -- Purchase Batman: Arkham City from MightyApe
* 1970's Batman -- Pre-order Batman: Arkham City from ShopTo.net (UK) or Toys R Us (USA)
* The Animated Series Batman -- Purchase Batman: Arkham City from MightyApe

20110802arkhamcity.jpg

F82 M4
Seriously can't wait for this. Arkham Asylum was absolutely epic. By far the best superhero game ever made IMO.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
The Blu-Ray bundles have sold out now, but its still a good price for the game alone.

'kin ell. I wasn't interested in this, as the first one majorly pissed me off (corrupted my only save about 75% through, so I immidiately traded it in) after I was enjoying it a fair bit.

Watching the though videos I might have to change my mind. It looks amazing.

F82 M4
Can someone post the PC system requirements for this please. All "games" websites are blocked at work.

Clio182, 88'Scirocco
The 1st one was brilliant and had a fantastic storyline cannot wait for this to come out. The best superhero.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Seems to be getting a few perfect 10's and other very good reviews at the moment, GameInformer, OPM, Play3, GM and C&VG all scoring it well.

IGN and Eurogamer reviews should be up soon.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Had a quick bash last night, can already tell it's going to be an epic game. I'm already taken in by the story. Quick question, are the PC gamers using K&M or a gamepad for this? The K&M seams to work pretty well for me but not sure whether or not to switch to the 360 pad.

This was the main reason I bought a 360 pad - for this game alone!

There, I've said it now. Keyboards and mice aren't always the best input device.

Christ, that feels soooo wrong. I'm ashamed. ;)

D.

F82 M4
Haha! I did infact use the 360 pad for the game and I'm glad I did. It's not often I prefer a pad over K&M but 3rd person games it seams to be the way. Was a truely epic game Batman was.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Quick question. When using keyboard and mouse (back to hell you go), what keyboard buttons do you use for a game like BFBC2? Are the mouse buttons used at all? What's run and jump etc?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Quick question. When using keyboard and mouse (back to hell you go), what keyboard buttons do you use for a game like BFBC2? Are the mouse buttons used at all? What's run and jump etc?

I'm the anti-Christ - I use the arrow keys. About as dirty and wrong to the WASaD boys as employing Gary Glitter to babysit.

Essentially - arrow keys for direction. Right shift for sprint. Right Ctrl for zoom/scope. Delete key for Enter vehicle. One mouse side button for melee. Another mouse side button for jump. LMB fire. RMB for crouch. Mouse scroll for weapons select. Mouse centre button for reload. Oh, and invert mouse too!

That's the mainstay of most of my FPS settings. :)

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm the anti-Christ - I use the arrow keys. About as dirty and wrong to the WASaD boys as employing Gary Glitter to babysit.

Essentially - arrow keys for direction. Right shift for sprint. Right Ctrl for zoom/scope. Delete key for Enter vehicle. One mouse side button for melee. Another mouse side button for jump. LMB fire. RMB for crouch. Mouse scroll for weapons select. Mouse centre button for reload. Oh, and invert mouse too!

That's the mainstay of most of my FPS settings. :)

D.

Holy f*ck I'm glad I've got a controller.

F82 M4
I'm the anti-Christ - I use the arrow keys. About as dirty and wrong to the WASaD boys as employing Gary Glitter to babysit.Essentially - arrow keys for direction. Right shift for sprint. Right Ctrl for zoom/scope. Delete key for Enter vehicle. One mouse side button for melee. Another mouse side button for jump. LMB fire. RMB for crouch. Mouse scroll for weapons select. Mouse centre button for reload. Oh, and invert mouse too!That's the mainstay of most of my FPS settings. :)D.
I used to use the arrow keys when I was 10 Darren! It's "WASD" for me now (Scutch - "W" forward, "S" backwards, "A" strafe left and "D" strafe right), "R" reload, "Shift" crouch, "E" use, "Caps lock" run/walk, "Mouse 1" primary attack and "Mouse 2" secondary attack. I also use "Mouse 3" for jump and "Mouse 4" to speak on Vent. Finally, I cycle through weapons using the scroll on the mouse. I couldn't bear the thought of using arrow keys now! :cool:

Last edited:
  F82 M4

Just to give you an example mate, here's my Counter Strike config for all my keys etc

bind "TAB" "+showscores"
bind "ENTER" "messagemode"
bind "ESCAPE" "cancelselect"
bind "SPACE" "stopsound"
bind "'" "+moveup"
bind "," "buyammo1"
bind "." "buyammo2"
bind "/" "+movedown"
bind "0" "slot10"
bind "1" "slot1"
bind "2" "slot2"
bind "3" "slot3"
bind "4" "slot4"
bind "5" "slot5"
bind "6" "slot6"
bind "7" "slot7"
bind "8" "slot8"
bind "9" "slot9"
bind ";" "+mlook"
bind "]" "invnext"
bind "`" "toggleconsole"
bind "a" "+moveleft"
bind "b" "buy"
bind "c" "radio3"
bind "d" "+moveright"
bind "e" "+use"
bind "f" "drop"
bind "g" "impulse 100"
bind "h" "+commandmenu"
bind "i" "buyammo2"
bind "j" "cheer"
bind "k" "+voicerecord"
bind "l" "showbriefing"
bind "m" "chooseteam"
bind "n" "nightvision"
bind "o" "buyequip"
bind "p" "buyammo1"
bind "q" "lastinv"
bind "r" "+reload"
bind "s" "+back"
bind "t" "impulse 201"
bind "u" "messagemode2"
bind "w" "+forward"
bind "x" "radio2"
bind "y" "stopsound"
bind "z" "radio1"
bind "~" "toggleconsole"
bind "BACKSPACE" "messagemode2"
bind "DOWNARROW" "+back"
bind "LEFTARROW" "+left"
bind "RIGHTARROW" "+right"
bind "ALT" "+strafe"
bind "CTRL" "+duck"
bind "SHIFT" "+duck"
bind "F1" "autobuy"
bind "F2" "rebuy"
bind "F5" "snapshot"
bind "F6" "rcon_password smokingkills"
bind "F7" "slowmotion"
bind "F8" "pauser"
bind "F9" "fastforward"
bind "F10" "fw2"
bind "INS" "+klook"
bind "PGDN" "+lookdown"
bind "PGUP" "+lookup"
bind "END" "centerview"
bind "KP_ENTER" "lastinv"
bind "CAPSLOCK" "+speed"
bind "MWHEELDOWN" "invnext"
bind "MWHEELUP" "invprev"
bind "MOUSE1" "+attack"
bind "MOUSE2" "+attack2"
bind "MOUSE3" "+jump"
bind "MOUSE5" "unbind"

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I used to use the arrow keys when I was 10 Darren! It's "WASD" for me now (Scutch - "W" forward, "S" backwards, "A" strafe left and "D" strafe right), "R" reload, "Shift" crouch, "E" use, "Caps lock" run/walk, "Mouse 1" primary attack and "Mouse 2" secondary attack. I also use "Mouse 3" for jump and "Mouse 4" to speak on Vent. Finally, I cycle through weapons using the scroll on the mouse. I couldn't bear the thought of using arrow keys now! :cool:

Blame the original Wolfenstein for that! It did make sense in a lot of ways as the arrow keys are generally in an uncluttered area of a standard keyboard. Most of the early PC games defaulted to those and I guess it's just kind of stuck!

Holy f*ck I'm glad I've got a controller.

It becomes second nature m8 - it really does. I never look at the keyboard in-game as I know where my fingers are for the keys I need.

Agreed, WASD for me, but certainly for Batman & Dirt 2 I use the 360 controller.

WASD makes a lot more sense - principally because most people are right-handed with the mouse, and it's a nice spacing for the left hand over that side of the keyboard. As I've said before (and this is uber-weird/bizarre/freak/etc) - I always use the WASD keys for controlling the vehicles in the Battlefield games. Once I go from being on foot, my hand goes from the arrow keys and across to the WASD for the vehicle control. WhyTF - I've no idea - but again, I 've just got used to it - lol.

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Crikey.

"Our very own member AgentV reports that IGN will be giving Batman: Arkham City a 10/10 come review day.

The review has reportedly been included in IGN’s November 2011 magazine and will be made available online on October 14th 9am Eastern. The review features “stunning remarks” as well as rewarding the game for its “high replay value”.

IGN ended the review by saying: “Arkham City not only lives up to Arkham Asylum but surpasses it in every way.”

We expect the online review embargo to lift this Friday, CVG have also noted that they will be releasing their review on this date as well.

This comes hours after it was announced that Game Informer will be awarding Batman: Arkham City with a perfect 10/10 score. Something that’s not at all common."