ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery and Stop light coming on.

Clio 172
As some of you may notice from my previous posts in this section im having a bit of a night mare with 'French electrics' at the moment. I've been away for a few months and when I came back the other day my car started once and then wouldn't start again, I put it on a quick charge and got it running again. I noticed that the alternator wasn't charging the battery until I had give it some revvs then it would continue to charge on idle (This was the same every time i turned the engine off and back on), when driving it to my nearest parts dealer I noticed that as I drove the battery and Stop lights kept flickering and i thought that it was the alternator, possibly brushes. So i got myself a new alternator and after fitting it charged the battery from the first turn of the key every time. Now I've tested it with a voltmeter and done a load test etc and it seems ok but when im driving from time to time the battery and stop light flicker again, Any idea's? Cheers :)