ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery Change

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Has anyone changed the battery on a iPhone 7Plus ?

Watched a couple of videos on it but unsure what to do if the rubber stick tabs snap under the battery.

Any advice before I start this ?

RS4
If they snap, you just force the battery off and clean up sticky tabs afterwards.

Most of mine have snapped. You should get new ones with your new battery. Unless its some absolute cheap chinese crap.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Here’s a vid of one being taken apart.

Note if the tabs break then you just need to pry the battery away with something flat (around 1:40 of this video).

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
If they snap, you just force the battery off and clean up sticky tabs afterwards.

Most of mine have snapped. You should get new ones with your new battery. Unless its some absolute cheap chinese crap.

bought this one for the phone.

BC85564C-697C-4426-B781-CF8F0464D6A3.png

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
If the two pull tabs are snapped at the ends (which is quite common) then use a hair dryer or a lower powered heat gun on the back of the phone, on the underside of the battery and then use a wedge tool to lift the battery. The strips are just double sided tape and it's all the battery is held in by, just don't go bending the battery. If it isn't loose enough then use more heat mate.