ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery help ASAP

Hey all,
My clio just gone into Renault for an alternator and battery check cos it died on me last week. They have diagnosed a faulty cell in the battery and want £93 for a new one!!

First off the car is just over 2 yrs old and has only 20k on it, is this reasonable for a battery? Is it worth writing to Renault try and get some dosh back for it?

Second....advice ref: battery please. Do I just go for a standard Halfords one which I imagine is a lot cheaper?

I have a ICE and a screen in the car so uprated battery would be nice but right now I dont now if I can afford it!
Cheers all.
Noel

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

just buy a battery from elsewhere and fit it yourself, 30min job max.

Only problem is, itll more than likely void your warranty. Personally i wouldnt even waste my time trying to get money back from renault, it wont happen with a battery.

Nissan R35 GT-R

No way will a battery void warranty.

Get yourself down to your nearest auto shop (Halfords if you must) and buy one.

Mitsubishi want £90 for a new battery on my motor, but I got one today for £40 and its a far superior unit.

Just remember to disconnect the earth first (black), then the positive (red).

When you put the new battery in do it in reverse order - red then black.

HTH

cheers guys, halfords quoted £40 for standard battery wioth 3yr warranty or calcium battery with 4 yr battery supposedly much better in cold weather and heavy loads for only £48 .....
Update....Wow shock horror, just called Renault UK to see if I could blag some money back and they said they gonna cover the lot.. Fair play to them good Customer service on this occasion!!

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

result! :)

frosty, i could quite imagine renault blaming any electrical problem on an aftermarket battery

yeah thats what they said to me that if anything went wrong with the elctrical system e.g. shorting out etc they would not cover it, even so there is no way i would have paid £93 for a feckin renault (probably sh*te) battery!!

Strange thing is the manufacturer ones have a 1 year warranty whereas the ones they fit now aftermarket have 3yrs!! go figure!