ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery issue perhaps...

Honda & VW
When i finished work earlier i got into my car and started it up, straight away i spotted the clock had reset, so i checked to see if the trip computer had lost all details and as i imaged it had.

Signs immediately point to battery but that would be strange as i only replaced the battery less than 3 months ago.

Any ideas?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
passenger wheel well, take the wheel off and you should see a strap going from the gearbox to the chassis, remove and clean the connection and see if it does it again

Honda & VW
passenger wheel well, take the wheel off and you should see a strap going from the gearbox to the chassis, remove and clean the connection and see if it does it again

Right, excuse my ignorance but can i assume i will need to disconnect the battery first?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
You can if you want, but if you dont have the ignition on then theres no need. just unscrew the bolt clean the area and bolt back on, remember to check both ends,

clio 172 cup
hi, I had the same problem all winter, every time i started it the comp. would reset. I got a new battery and problem solved.

Clio MK 4
i had same problem. i changed my battery and still does it. i had bad wiring on my rear lights which could have caused the problem, sorted that out and still resets when cold. I have given up!