ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery Light in Dash Coming on

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Could just be your fanbelt slipping or a dodgyconnection on the alternator.

id say alternator...

if it is pay the £150 or whatever they want to change it, cos on the rt its an absolute b**ch to do, from experience, and the parts at halfords are going to be about £80 + the deposit for taking one back.

its unlikely to be the belt slipping but it could be... if it is the alt it will just get worse until it leaves you starnded, remember that when that red light is on its not charging the battery and so you are running out of time!

Yeah if the belt is slipping you will notice it on the power steering on full lock.

To change a alternator on a rt cant be as bad as a 16v can it??

it is a real b**ch to do, took me a saturday afternoon but i spose it was a few years ago now and i wasnt as handy then... more than anything its gatting access to the sod and if i remember right the gap isnt big enough to take the alt out of! maybe if i saw it now id be able to do it easier, all depends how handy you are with the spanners and if you can safely get under the car with plenty of room.

off the top of my head i cant even think what it lookd like on the 16v, but its either going to be easy to get at or a complete b**ch, and i cant imagine renault made it easy! guess i will find out when it goes