ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery problems

Hi every1, I dont use my car a lot at the moment, last week I went to start it after not driving it for about a week and a half or so. The battery was dead, absolutely dead, even the alarm L.E.D wouldnt flash.

I jump started it and checked the charging voltage - 14.7Volts! isnt that abit high? I thought it may be the regulator had gone but when i rev it the voltage stayed constant.

I took it for a long drive when i got back checked the charging voltage again, this time 14.2ish Volts, a bit lower but still seems slightly high whats normal any1?!

The battery is holding charge now, about 12.5V and it starts now so i think its charging ok....

I had a similar problem this morning. I think it might be the time of year. I do a lot of short journeys at the moment, most of the time with the lights, stereo, heated window and fan on, so the battery doesnt really charge.

My mate just disconnects the battery from the car and re-connects it again when he uses it. Saves a lot of hassle, but make sure if youve got a Cat 1 that you disengage it first!