ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery Question-- urgent

sorry for the urgent gonna do it today

er...is there any advice on how to clip the power cable from my amp to the battery without electrocution, ave never messed wth one before and i rather know if theres anything to look out for, is just a case of clip on?

pls help us fellas

have you got the ring-connects for the power cable?

if so, connect the two together (power cable and ring-connect), remove 10mm nut from top of battery, then place connect over bolt, replace nut

make sure the amp is all connected up properly before you attemp this though, its all too easy to forget you havent connected the earth and blow fuses

cheers man, so am not gonna kill miself! ave haerd bout putting some vasaline around the battery connection is that rite or rubbish!

where has evryone put there amp

some people do, ive never seen the need to

normal place is to create a floor to bolt the amp onto, other than that, somewhere on the back of the rear seat

the back of the rear seat isnt hard though in the cup, arrrr

is a seat belt bolt on the rear seat a good place to earth the amp?

i mounted my earth on the nuts which hold together the rear seats where they split

remove luggage rail (its not needed) and there it is in all its infinite wisdom

I just clipped mine straight on you may see sparks, they look bad but they wont hurt you, Wear rubber glove if have too :). I connected my earth to the rear seat belt coil.

what colour is the earth cable? ave got a red power cable and a short black one with the same writing on the side of it as the red one..

i had my cables removed by sum pros last time, an wanna do it myself now but the black cable is puzzling me, it must be the earth rite?

another question mate, er the amp manual says you should remove the fuse in the holder (the one thats conected to the power cable) before you clip the cable on the car battery, do you need to do this?, cos i couldnt get the fuse out the holder without like i was gonna break it!

no you dont need to remove the fuse, this is just a precautionary measure to stop you suing thm if the one in a million does happen