ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 1

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Played through the tank single player "story" last night on hard. Not quite living up to the epic single player trailer yet.

The cut scenes are good but didn't really match up to the game play for me, as in I was taking my time wiping the enemy out then suddenly the cut scene would come in and they'd be swarming all around the tank. Some AI infantry seemed to just stand there shooting at the tank in the open. Didn't really find it hard other than the end battle where I died 3-4 times. It ended up being easier to just jump out of the tank, grab an anti tank rifle and use that. The maps are quite open with special weapons littered about so you can take a few different approaches which is good.

Did some multiplayer, tried the new Operations mode which was great. It's like rush, only you capture the 2 points, which pushes your line forward. When the tickets run out the next round starts and you have to push forward again. Take the all the points and you move on to a related map, they've tied it in with historical events and have some voice over bits which work well. It's great when the line has been secured, the whistle blows and everyone charges forward, very cinematic!

If anybody wants to squad up let me know, I rarely get chance to play with my usual BF mate so normally end up with randoms which is a bit of a waste.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Played through the tank single player "story" last night on hard. Not quite living up to the epic single player trailer yet.

The cut scenes are good but didn't really match up to the game play for me, as in I was taking my time wiping the enemy out then suddenly the cut scene would come in and they'd be swarming all around the tank. Some AI infantry seemed to just stand there shooting at the tank in the open. Didn't really find it hard other than the end battle where I died 3-4 times. It ended up being easier to just jump out of the tank, grab an anti tank rifle and use that. The maps are quite open with special weapons littered about so you can take a few different approaches which is good.

Did some multiplayer, tried the new Operations mode which was great. It's like rush, only you capture the 2 points, which pushes your line forward. When the tickets run out the next round starts and you have to push forward again. Take the all the points and you move on to a related map, they've tied it in with historical events and have some voice over bits which work well. It's great when the line has been secured, the whistle blows and everyone charges forward, very cinematic!

If anybody wants to squad up let me know, I rarely get chance to play with my usual BF mate so normally end up with randoms which is a bit of a waste.

Rush Mode on the old Battlefield Bad Company 2 was my favourite game mode. I'm hoping this will be/is similar?

Had a look on Origin for the PC version of this. £49.99 for the standard edition - £104 for the one with the season pass - flol.

1.2 16v
Rush Mode on the old Battlefield Bad Company 2 was my favourite game mode. I'm hoping this will be/is similar?

Had a look on Origin for the PC version of this. £49.99 for the standard edition - £104 for the one with the season pass - flol.
That's s**t... Makes ya arse bleed how greedy the gaming companies have gotten. All that fisting they're doing... Its Worth just waiting till Christmas n get it 10x cheaper than that!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
That's s**t... Makes ya arse bleed how greedy the gaming companies have gotten. All that fisting they're doing... Its Worth just waiting till Christmas n get it 10x cheaper than that!

100% don't feel bad about pirating all the games back in the day.

EA are the worse for it, proper greedy c***s!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Just bought mine off Shopto.

Forza H3, Fifa 17 and Battlefield bought within a month. 😂

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth

Rush is still there as well!

This is more of a mini campaign though. Did one last night. Took a fort on one map, pushed them back further on the next map over 2 rounds, then they managed to hold us off on the next map so we lost.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Someone keep me updated on the single player campaign to see if it is worth it?

I've done 2/3 of the different character stories. Don't know if I'm being overly critical or not but it hasn't wowed me massively yet.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
£35 on cdkeys for the standard edition.

f**k thats tempting. I was going to hold out as I'm playing Horizon 3 mostly at the minute but might have to get that one as I always prefer digital.

Edit.. unless that's not xbox I'd be surprised if it is at that price.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
How many hours have you put into that so far?

Not been keeping track, 4ish at a guess, done one each night with room for a few hours of multiplayer.

They are a mix of 2-4 levels long each iirc.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Not been keeping track, 4ish at a guess, done one each night with room for a few hours of multiplayer.

They are a mix of 2-4 levels long each iirc.

Thinking about it 4 hours is probably a bit generous...

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Think I'm around 15 hours done in the MP and loving it so far. Yes there are a lot of snipers that sometimes spoil things a bit but other than that it's awesome.