ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 2 : Spec Ops. Ordered today...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Supposed to be out this Friday I think. Only £14.99 from Play.com so I can't really argue if it's a load of crap!

Be interesting to see how the new units and maps perform. I hope it's not all night-vision crap and too dark like Doom 3 & Quake 4 - that will really piss me off... :nono:

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Zorba - will do m8! ;)

Griff - I thought about D/L'ing it as well. But I've bought all of the BF1942 expansion CDs and that steaming pile 'o turd called Battlefield Vietnam. I need to keep my BF library complete! :)

D.

172 Cup
lol Somehow managed to amass BF1942, BF1942-Road to Rome, BF1942-Secret Weapons, BF Anthology (yes aswell), BF-Vietnam and BF2.

Got carried away and downloaded Special Forces, really should have added to the collection.

Dirty E91
I think you can use cross bows to make zip lines! It's going to be like every SAS\Navy SEAL film you could ever think of!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yey - it arrived this morning! Not a chance to try it tonight, but definitely be giving it a go tomorrow. Need some last minute practice before total ownership by the CM mob on Sunday evening!

D.

Clio 182
Ordered mine today i thought i had ordered it earlier this week but my order went missing :( Anyway should have it next week.

Cavalier
Darren S said:
Yey - it arrived this morning! Not a chance to try it tonight, but definitely be giving it a go tomorrow. Need some last minute practice before total ownership by the CM mob on Sunday evening!

D.

We were all in our server last night trying SF out and for most of us the jury is still out. Yes there are some new toys and new maps but the most annoying thing is the new weapon unlocks.

It appears you get them depending on what team you are on. Basically if you are on the SF teams ie Seals and sas great if not you go with the original weapons which is total pants.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Commando22 - went on your server earlier on m8 - NEB was on there and (obviously) quite a few other CM guys. I must admit, so far, so good. I actually like the new maps that I've been on. I would have stayed on longer, except I had an unexpected visit from the Windows desktop. :S. Good games while my PC behaved though! :D

I agree with Griff that the night maps are kack - they will be my least favourite. I have a personal dislike of FPS games that focus on the dark. Rather than be atmospheric, they just irritate me as they make you clumsy and wander around like a pillock.

That's a very good point about the kits as well. The few goes I've had of the SAS side - they weaponry is awesome - even the engineer's shootah is good. I would have thought that the Spetnaz would have had something decent rather than the standard Chinese issue?

Finally, have you heard the Mr. Chumly-Warner accents of the SAS?! FFS - do EA seriously think that all English people still talk with a plum in their gob and speak to each other in a tally-ho fashion? I pissed my sides when I heard that for the first time. :p

D.

Cavalier
Agree with you about accents Darren m8. its like some crap movie straight out of hollywood with hugh grant in it.:D

the night maps are rubbish and the rest the could have added via an update or 2 to the original.
money making scheme me thinks