ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BB Breathing Kit.

Ill be going down (along with Cherished 16V) to BB Performance Tuning in the next few weeks to pick up his 16V Turbo and to have the Breathing Kit fitted on my Cup. I just wanted to ask if anyone has had the kit fitted and what they thought.

Ive heard members talking about K-tec, Magnex, Power Flow etc but I havent once heard anyone mention BBs exhaust or induction. (I am aware that they use the Green Filter).

Cheers,

Tim.

Youre right Wayne - Ive asked if they will do before and after readings. It does say £10.00 (print out) plus VAT on their website for each power run when tuning your car. Works out at £23.50 for two power runs, very reasonable I reckon.

Im popping down there this weekend for a power run on mine - Daves charging £30 for a straight run, which aint bad!

Lionel Richie

The thing about BB is when i was a Brands the BB guy said "186bhp" from their mk1 172 with their induction system and their exhaust (no chip)

Where as Roamer has a Viper + full K-tec exhaust + Superchip remap and hes ONLY got 184bhp?????

either their rollers are a bit too kind (the saxo boys use them a fair bit, LOL!!!) OR Power Engineering (where Roamer got his car remapped) Rollers are giving a crap reading (which i doubt cos they have hundreds of Big power cars in and out each day)

Example of Power Engineerings ACURATE rollers, Brand new BMW M5 1000miiles on the clock, factory stated figure 400bhp.......Power Engineerings flywheel figure.........bang on 400bhp

Also when we took Roamers car back to PE on Friday it got 184bhp EXACTLY the same as the last time!!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 19 February 2003

Example of Power Engineerings ACURATE rollers, Brand new BMW M5 1000miiles on the clock, factory stated figure 400bhp.......Power Engineerings flywheel figure.........bang on 400bhp
Bear in mind, any rolling road operator can make the RR read -anything- within reason, by adjusting the different parameters. As ever, RRs are only useful for an indication of power.....dynos are far better measures of engine power/torque...

id hate to have seen what figures i would have got at BB if their rollers were on the lenient side then

I belive BBs rollers to be accurate by word of mouth through Clio Sport and that they are one of the most modern in the UK which leads me to belive more modern more accurate just my opinion though, definately woth a power run before and after though Tim :D cant wait to here it when you get it back, Matt.

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 19 February 2003

The thing about BB is when i was a Brands the BB guy said "186bhp" from their mk1 172 with their induction system and their exhaust (no chip)

Didnt it get 179bhp at the rolling road day????