ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BB Tuning aftercare service!!!

they didnt tell him it wouldnt run properly though did they, Benr has confirmed these cams wont work properly on standard ecu.

cup 182 mit stripes
matt, see you've got the big green magic power inducing filter. Your mill sounds like a bag of spanners. Has it blown up yet?

FredYozzasport said:
220bhp??? whats it had done!

From BBPT website
"These packages are for those looking to take their sport to the next level of N/A Tuning. This kit consists of:- Billet Inlet and Exhaust Cams, Inlet manifold matching / porting, Cylinder head porting / matching, High compression 12.6:1 forged pistons and ECU relflash to suit."

I didnt think you could run 220 on standard injectors.

What exactly is the ECU learning? If its been mapped properly why does it have to learn anything?

Sounds like a bullshit excuse for the car not running properly when you pick it up.

Engles Mummy
ja.jack said:
matt, see you've got the big green magic power inducing filter. Your mill sounds like a bag of spanners. Has it blown up yet?

lol Thats some CLASS A Funny s**t right there.

BMW M3
matt 182cup said:
Mine was the first one to have the best performance package that they do and the ecu is a self teaching one and does get better the more miles you do.
They would have told you this like they told me that it takes time to get better so why even bother having it done if you start moaning to them about it after a few miles,
and here is mine that they done a while back
http://www.bbperformancetuning.co.uk/videos/files/Clio%20220%20BHP.wmv

Well, im guessing here but maybe because it cut out on him on the way home....

Self learning ?.... pfft !!

Megane Trophy
Personally from my small time with renaults, and my brothers 5's and valvers in the past we have never had a problem with BBT.

BBT, Yozzasport and Mark Fish are the Only places i would trust with my car.

Im sorry to hear that you have this experience with them, im sure and do hope it was just a bad day in the office for all concerned.

cup 182 mit stripes
bradfincham. The lilly livered banality of your post astounds me "do hope it was just a bad day in the office for all concerned"

Poor old jph has been emmotionally traumatized, ripped-off ,and physically threatened. Have you been following this thread from the start? If so you will have recognised the true picture of bb tuning. Good enough with cast iron block engines and push rods ect. But out of their depths with the new technology.

Perhaps you are a trader on a damage limmitation exercise.

R

rich[182]

What's all this self learning lark ?

What's gonna get learnt that can't get learnt on the RR during setup, How long you supposed to drive it for until no more self learning takes place ? At what point does the owner know that whatever has to be learnt has been learnt ? What's the end goal

All sounds total utter bollox to me, self learning ffs :S

Lionel Richie
the self learning thing baffles me! it can detect for different fuels and stuff, but its not as if "hey, here's new cams, we'll leave it to you for 3 weeks to figure it out" kinda thing, the ecu;s aren't clever, they just read the sensors and have a butchers in the look up tables

Lionel Richie
yes i've had a few shandy's, but what i mention above is pretty much correct, but i'm not an ecu guy, i leave that to pro's!

audi S3
i spoke to andy snr at bbt and he told me they would stand in a court of law and say that the cars running spot and there works spot on so in there eyes they seem that they have done nothing wrong but james,s cars is wrong it drinks fuel like crazzzzzzy cuts out kangeroooooos all the time lacks power after 4000rpm and dont put a smile on ya face like its ment to. but as before when he had one of there reflahed ECU.s that put a smile on ya face so did that have to learn as well dont think so as i remember went like crazzzy from the start come on bb pull ya finger out and and give him his money back so he can have his smile --------------------------BACK--------------------------------

Honda Civic Type R '02
i heard somewhere from a servey that:
On Average,
If someone recieves good service somewhere, and is happy - they tell 4 people
If someone recieves bad service, and is unhappy - they tell 9 people.

Well, this is the 100th post! So more than 100 people (including ppl who just viewed) ! So BBPT have really not done themselves any favours pissing us off!

you would have to say, "What goes around, comes around." ;)

6/468 17poo
jeeez this isnt gonna do them any favours at all, as the saying goes 'the customer is always right' and it looks like theres proof that theyve funked up!

i hope all is resolved!!!!

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
once mapped it should stay mapped. if its self learning, at what point does it finish 'learning' everything? if you throw in a couple of chinese proverbs as well does it become fluent in chinese in 3 weeks?

audi S3
haitch said:
once mapped it should stay mapped. if its self learning, at what point does it finish 'learning' everything? if you throw in a couple of chinese proverbs as well does it become fluent in chinese in 3 weeks?

------------------LOL--------------------

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
haitch said:

hahahahahahaha funny s**t!

i dont get all this self learning b****cks, its either tuned or not isnt it? so in due course your telling me that the car is going to learn its had cams fitted and manifold matching done and polished inlets or better still will the car one day so "f**k me I've noticed that a turbochargers been bolted on 3 weeks ago, I've now learned how to use it" and bang the car works! Its either gonna run 200bhp or not with no faults or hiccups, maybe a few teething problems but not as bad as what james has said about his car, its not going to learn over the next 3 weeks how to achieve the magic 200bhp mark is it!

307 hdi (powered by derv)
popcorn anyone?

Joking apart though. I can remember seeing your car at the mids rr at aldon last year when it had only had the map if i remember correctly and it was running sweet.
Shame they can't do the same this time round.

Shaw

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
matt 182cup- If your the one im thinking off then if i remember correctly i spoke to bb about your car and they explained that they couldnt even get it to idle at all! They said it was an animal once it got going but around town it was horrible to drive. It clearly doesnt say anything on their advert that you should expect your car to cut out frequently and be shown up by STANDARD cars on the dragstrip. If your the one im thinking of your car was in their garage for weeks-so much for a drive in/drive out package!

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
clioman- yeah i remember them poor rollers pulled bang on 172bhp when everyone elses 172,s were only pulling mid 160s lol

clio cup 226
This is Matts brother yes jph 172 u did speak to the both of us down BB sorry to here your car ent working but as 4 the 182 itis running fine, the car did cut out a few times and was abit rough round town but has now covered 1500 miles and starts up fine and runs alot better round town so for anyone saying its bull about self learning ansewer the question how come its got so the cars perfect now. There nothing wrong with the power either it just about keeps up with my 5 at a certain psi and as for fred who ever he is dont slate my brothers car or i will start asking how come your 172 had so much trouble getting off the trailer at FCS this year a few of us lost count on how many attempts it took

I can't see Fred slating anyone? If you're referring to the 220bhp comment then I think he was just asking because he was interested, having had some experience of getting that engine up to that power.

As he said two posts later, he hadn't read the website!

Lionel Richie
i wasn't slating anyone!! i was just wondering what was done to get 220bhp, thats all!

christ!

what you on about anyway? getting the car off the trailor at FCS??

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
only because of their reaction; I will not be going to BB and will tell everyone i talk to about them not to go there unless they sort out this situation to your satisfaction. the fact that you aint got what you wanted could be purely down to communication.

The s**t customer service speaks more about their attitude than anything though!

111s
matt 182cup said:
the 182 it is running fine
Figures? lambda graphs?
matt 182cup said:
the car did cut out a few times
Sounds perfectly reliable
matt 182cup said:
runs alot better round town
Than what, standard or when it was rough?
matt 182cup said:
the cars perfect now
Figures? Fuel consumption?

And as for talking to paying customers in the manner described, thats just comercial suicide. Especially when they must realise threads like this will pop up.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
Right this is the graph i got after my cams were fitted
BBtuningpostCams.jpg

Now all seems ok, a tad low to what i was hoping after all the work ive had done on my car including decat&custom exhaust. then after three goes at trying to explain there was a problem i went to another set of rollers for a second opinion
this is my results
tracknroad1.jpg

now as explained to me by the guys who ran the rollers the line that goes off to the right is cam timing.
The rest of these pages explain exactly what power the car is running at what speed/bhp/torque/etc.
tracknroad2.jpg

tracknroad3.jpg

tracknroad4.jpg

IGNORE the bit about shrick cams because thats what i was told at first.
You decide what you think!

Last edited:
What an absolute f**king joke, take them c***s to court, poor service, Lies, threats and pretend bhp graph's? DO NOT let them get away with this

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
as i understand it, torque and bhp have to cross over at 5252rpm (due to the laws of physics), and that first graph is crossing over at more than 6000rpm, which will bias the results to make them look higher!

ask pmurray about it, i hear he's a whizz at these sort of things