ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BBYES

Turbos.
You'd be forgiven for thinking the 997 hasn't had a look in lately, and you'd be right. Moving out from Fenn towers into my own humble abode means just getting to it is a problem, as it's left in my mum's garage. But i've paid more attention to it in the last week as i need to make sure it is ready for a track day at the end of the month.

Now, many people don't like the standard Turbo wheels, and i'm in agreement; they're a bit chromey, a bit American. Naturally, i've always wanted a set of BBS, and when the guy we get our winter tyres offered these at a very reasonable price, i jumped at them. A guy came round today and fitted them, so here are the pics...

Img_0776.jpg

Img_0773.jpg

Img_0775.jpg

Img_0777-1.jpg

Img_0770.jpg

Img_0772.jpg

I also had to shell out for new Porsche tyre pressure monitor thingies. Also, the new Michelins are more expensive than the wheels; that's what happen when they are 19x12 at the back! :dapprove:

What i now need is help from my saviour, young Turkish. I had the TPC learning message came on, which was all fine, and now it shows tyre pressures. But after the drive back to work, it now says 'Different wheels? Please configure TPC' (or something similar). Do i need to go the dealer for this?

And finally? No Prizes for guessing what is tucked away in the garage!

Img_0778.jpg

Good lord! I've no idea about the love hate of the original wheels, but those look OEM and superb!

I am sensing some minor need though TBH (and fair play).

I mean you're a race driver in a racing team, and you need to ask Cliosport what brake pads to use on track? ;)

Turbos.
The problem is, whilst i'm a talented driver and extremely good looking, i am not mechanically minded in the slightest. I desperately try to hold onto knowledge imparted me, but fail miserably. And whilst the likes of Si bemoans me not bothering to check my owner's handbook, why would i when i have my Cliosport brethren to look after me?

For reals, i don't know anything about Porsches and don't go any forums so am literally clueless. But lettuce be cereal for a minute; no one buys a Porsche and doesn't like getting attention...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
What's happening with the original nsx? The one u got the wide arch kit for? How much is reasonable for the bbs lol?

Edit*
should of got reps

Should of got rotas

:-D

The problem is, whilst i'm a talented driver and extremely good looking, i am not mechanically minded in the slightest. I desperately try to hold onto knowledge imparted me, but fail miserably. And whilst the likes of Si bemoans me not bothering to check my owner's handbook, why would i when i have my Cliosport brethren to look after me?

For reals, i don't know anything about Porsches and don't go any forums so am literally clueless. But lettuce be cereal for a minute; no one buys a Porsche and doesn't like getting attention...

RTFM was just a bit of banter I wasn't having a pop btw. If you were asking how to operate the glovebox then it would have been meant seriously lol

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Lovely Mr Fenn, just lovely :)

Knowing where your parents live I'm not surprised there's an Aston in the garage! I'd also like to know why there isn't a Bentley, Jag, Ferrari or Maserati there too!

Turbos.
What's happening with the original nsx? The one u got the wide arch kit for? How much is reasonable for the bbs lol?

Edit*
should of got reps

Should of got rotas

:-D

The NSX probably won't go wide arch for while. I think my old man is ploughing some cash on it soon, but that will be for the engine. Hopefully out in it by the end of the year!

RTFM was just a bit of banter I wasn't having a pop btw. If you were asking how to operate the glovebox then it would have been meant seriously lol

I knew you were just taking the piss Si ;)

Lovely Mr Fenn, just lovely

Knowing where your parents live I'm not surprised there's an Aston in the garage! I'd also like to know why there isn't a Bentley, Jag, Ferrari or Maserati there too!

That is just my mum's. My dad has his own place with six garages! He taught me all i know about ballin'.

That's not what I said, however it's the frame of mind regardless of the marque on here. Got a VW, Audi, BMW, something Jap, a Clio? reps will do all day long as far as CS is concerned.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ballin'... doing it right. Not jealous... not jealous at all!

Oh and the answer is yes you need to go to the dealer to re-programme the car.

My boss has had it done 3 times now mate. His gen2 is in getting turbo fixed. They have some siezing issue because of where they're placed (exposed).

If Rob's put the wheel info in on the OBC, via the menu using the stalk and let it calibrate itself over a few miles there's no need for him to visit a dealer. That's assuming the sensors aren't damaged or suffering flat batteries.

Actuator seized, rod popped off or turbo had it?