ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BC DS Coilovers and Powerflex Bishes

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
Just about to order a set of Bs Ds coilovers with solid to mounts looking at 9/8kg for the 182 Cup and looking at getting the Powerflex handling pack bit not sure how stiff the black series are. Anyone ran the black with coilovers. Car is now mainly track day car but does go out on the road for a blast every now and again.

David172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 M135i
If it's mainly track car id go black, wont be too stiff for a track car. No lifetime guarantee on the Black series though so if that's an issue for you get purple.

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
If it's mainly track car id go black, wont be too stiff for a track car. No lifetime guarantee on the Black series though so if that's an issue for you get purple.
Thanks not worried about that just don't won't it so stiff is impossible to drive on the road. Was thinking coilovers on soft even with black would be ok

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I have kw V2 with AST solid top mounts and spherical bearing wishbone bushes on my track car. drive it on the road to and from track and occasional blast and its still fine, perfectly compliant really

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I'm looking at bc racing ds series for a weekend/occasional track car as well and was wondering the same thing (now on cup shocks with grams springs).

If you decide to get them, I'd be very interested in how you find this setup on the road @Simon1975!

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
I'm looking at bc racing ds series for a weekend/occasional track car as well and was wondering the same thing (now on cup shocks with grams springs).

If you decide to get them, I'd be very interested in how you find this setup on the road @Simon1975!
I'll be getting them just got a couple of bots to sort on car first. On cup shocks and grams springs as well at the moment.

Reactions: MLB

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
What's your thoughts on the cup shocks and grams springs?
Been a great set up just now the car has a cage etc need to go stiffer. Grams springs are as comfy on the road as normal ones of not better lower the car a nice amount and cope well on track. Would recomend them always.

Reactions: MLB

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks, yeah same here altough they're a bit too low for me personally, but I run 18mm spacers in the front to clear brembos. They did work well on track though!

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
For a car mostly used for weekends go for the 8kg front springs.
For track up the spring poundage to 9kg or 10kg

jassa

ClioSport Club Member
What made you choose the DS series over the BR? As in what's the difference between them?

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
They have top adjustment for soft to hard. Not aware off any other difference.

DS series have better-quality valving.

For the road I run BC DS fronts at 7kg with standard Cup shocks and H&R springs and ARB at the rear. Works really well. I’ve yet to try the BC rears but if they are track biased as I believe they are with 8 kg poundage, they will be too stiff for the road at least for my taste.

You need stiff rear springs for track to help turn-in and combat understeer, at the (significant) expense of road compliance. I maintain a different track setup vs. road setup.

The good news is I just need to change the rear components, and adjust ride height as I run lower for track vs road. It’s easy and quick to do. The fronts don't need swapping as front spring rate makes much less difference to the ride quality.

Last edited: