ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BC DS Coilovers setup question!

2005 Silver 182
So I’ve finally got on and started the process of getting my old ktec coilovers off and the DS coilovers on. Now my question is as these BC DS coilovers are different to adjust height (whole shock body turns in hub mount), has anybody got the distance measured from the hub mount bottom to the bottom of the damper body (see second pic). I’m on standard 182 wheels with a 50 depth tyre.

Hoping someone can point me in right direction with the general setup up (spring preload etc) also.

Don’t fancy dropping the car so low I struggle to jack it up again to adjust!!

Cheers
1DA76EF1-7A62-407C-BF15-0DE1942F0BA8.jpeg
AB55D2C8-34E1-40E7-9AA6-D802F0352AB9.jpeg

2005 Silver 182
Cheers lads! I’ll adjust the one I height adjusted back to be the same as the untouched one!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
You'll need to set the preload once they're on the car. With it jacked up you want to wind the collar up to the spring so that it just stops any vertical play on the spring.

Then move the lower collar up so it just touches the top collar. Now wind the top collar up again until you can get the width of the c spanner in between the two collars (4mm).

There's a video on YouTube for setting the preload if needed.