ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bc racing BR

Clio 172 Ph1
Hi guys.
I'm looking to buy bc racing coilovers from kam racing.

1.) Will 6kg front, and 8 kg rear be good for daily and some trackdays?

2.)Does top mount come in pair? ( It doesn't write that it comes in pair.)
OPTION - Front Adjustable Top Mounts
  • 1 x BC Top Mounts - RA-TM-CLIO2TWIN2

3.) And if I'll order top mounts, do I need to order this Top Spring Platform with Bearing Set or it's included with the whole kit?

help pls.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I'm on 8/8kg and it's not that bad on the road.

The solid top mounts come in pairs with everything you need, don't need to buy anything else.

Clio 172 Ph1
I'm on 8/8kg and it's not that bad on the road.

The solid top mounts come in pairs with everything you need, don't need to buy anything else.

great. tell me one more thing.
how to remove the damping knob ? does it just pull off or do you need to unscrew it with spanner?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
great. tell me one more thing.
how to remove the damping knob ? does it just pull off or do you need to unscrew it with spanner?

They have a collar that screws onto the outer thread to keep them in place.

You can just unscrew it and lift it out, but I leave mine in permanently.

Clio 172 Ph1
is there any topic in this forum how to install bc racing coilovers? i can't find it.
and one more question.
On kams page it writes:

Custom spring rates at no extra cost
Kam Racing are able to supply the BC Racing coilover kits with spring rates of your choice at no extra cost. Simply provide the specs you require in the order comments and we will arrange this for you..

why are they extra 40£ ?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
is there any topic in this forum how to install bc racing coilovers? i can't find it.
and one more question.
On kams page it writes:

Custom spring rates at no extra cost
Kam Racing are able to supply the BC Racing coilover kits with spring rates of your choice at no extra cost. Simply provide the specs you require in the order comments and we will arrange this for you..

why are they extra 40£ ?

Anything other than the standard 4kg/8kg is £40, so it just means that a custom rate is no extra added to the £40.

Fitment is fairly simple, you remove the bronze coloured top bit from the top mount, that goes on the strut top and the coilover with the other half of the top mount goes underneath. Then screw in the 3 Allen head bolts to secure the top mount halves together.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Depending which way you have the 3 Allen head bolts facing it dictates if you have altered the camber or caster.

Facing outward would be max camber and facing forward would be max caster.