ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bearing/Driveshaft noise?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Fun game of guess the noise anyone? It shouldn't be NSF calliper, NS driveshaft. Both front wheel bearings or the gearbox..

Can't be much left besides OSF driveshaft and calliper but before I throw more money at it I thought I'd take a shot in the dark for any suggestions. Driveshaft support bearing perhaps?

Steering left and right doesn't have an impact noise comes in at about 20mph and doesn't really stop just changes tone. Noise in the video starts with me coasting down from about 50-20mph. Clutch was in for the video purely to hear the noise better over exhaust and engine but it's there regardless and is entirely speed dependant doesn't matter if I'm accelerating or decelerating.

First one to guess right wins a tenner 😂

scruffydubber

ClioSport Club Member
  RS CUP
If you end up being correct I'm probably going to cry 😂 They look fine and are year old PS3 so probably a stretch.
I know I have chased a few issues in the past and they've turned out being the tyres.
I have a noisy pair of Pilot sports on my daily at the moment, but this is due to being just about at the wear limit.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Put the front wheels on the back. If the noise moves, you have a misshaped tyre.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Offside wheel bearing which I had replaced in March. So glad its fixed but £2k+ later I'm not too happy right now.