ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bearings / toe

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
quick question, if you're running a fair bit of toe in, are you likely to go through bearings quicker? and would it be noticeable? I'm thinking yes, but i'm not sure.

Reason being, car was getting its MOT done a while back, and they changed a track rod end (even though the tracking wasnt needing done, and i hadnt asked for it to be changed!), got the car back and it felt pretty vague (seriously vague in the wet!), light steering - and with the 17's on, they had developed a new rubbing noise on full left lock. Now after a few people driving my car, telling me it was fine (still sure it wasnt, and i hate f*****s who think they know my car better than i do), i just left it. Until now, i think both front bearings are worn (one was only changed a few months ago), as something is knocking on turning left, and after checking the wheels, theres play in both.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
couldnt tell you to be honest. I'll get it checked when i get a chance.

The only way i could explain the wheel now rubbing, is excessive toe in (ie to the point where they fitted the track rod end and did nothing about setting up the tracking).

The reason i dont doubt this is, i've been fixing things they've 'fixed', for a while now, the car came out worse than it went in, imho.