ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Beat way to remove polish/wax from car?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi all.

My brothers subaru currently has some sort of AutoGlym lifetime protection stuff on it, which was on it when he got it.

Is there anything that would remove this or any other wax thats been used on the car? I think i remember reading that fairy liquid will strip off any products.

Any other suggestions?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Fairy liquid will go some way to diminishing any waxes or sealants but unsure if it will completely remove it, but a good place to start with your wash. maybe next try a tar and iron remover as these aren't wax safe. using a clay bar will also go some way to removing them.

Hopefully the combo should remove the worst of any products on the paint. Next option would be to go for something abrasive like a mild polish

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Alright thanks Dave, we both polished and waxed it 2/3 weeks ago, after claying it etc and its hardly beading at all. Thinking its due to the autoglym protection stuff?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
What did you use to polish and wax with? in theory the polish should have removed anything left on the surface, and the beading should have performed as per the wax over the top, regardless of if the lifeshine was underneath or not, certainly for the first couple of weeks anyway

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Life time protection will no doubt have lasted a couple of weeks....

A good combo of fairy liquid, decon/clay and polish will rid completely.

What products have you got to use?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Doesnt really bother me at all, just thought it was causing the no beading issue.

Was just meguires polish and wax used at the time, nothing special but should have given some beading at least!

Products to use arnt anything exciting either, ironX, AG tar remover, claybar, SRP, Rupes quarz, AM details wax and poorboys wax.

Going to have a go at it tonight and see how it turns out.