ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bedding in my DS1.11

Track 172 Cup
@Josh can't find the post about you doing yours and was just wanting to check. Did you manage to do them on the sighting laps? And did you have to let the marshals know before you went out, did you just hang at the back until the last car went out? And how did you find them? I hope they're good compared to the Carbon lorraine as they didn't require any bedding in just chuck them on and go lol.

Track 172 Cup
@MarkX Did you do the first few at a slow speed and build up to the heavy stops? I think it says do xx stops from 30mph and xx stops from 50mph. I just dont wanna put them in and go out and look like a k**b trying to bed them in lol I'll be sure to put something over my fog light holes to stop the air getting to the brakes so they get hot. Pitty my car wasn't still taxed and insured so I could go out and do them late at night when the motorway / bypass is empty.

@MarkX Did you do the first few at a slow speed and build up to the heavy stops? I think it says do xx stops from 30mph and xx stops from 50mph. I just dont wanna put them in and go out and look like a k**b trying to bed them in lol I'll be sure to put something over my fog light holes to stop the air getting to the brakes so they get hot. Pitty my car wasn't still taxed and insured so I could go out and do them late at night when the motorway / bypass is empty.

yes, I live about a mile away from the motorway, braking a bit heavier than normal at 30-40mph then full abuse onto the motorway. Got home and parked it up overnight, they are superb, bite like the rc6 but loads less dust and last much longer too, pity they're so expensive though :(

Clio 182 cup
I use these pads and they are mega! if at a trackday I found doing 2-3 laps of circuit steadily to get some good solid heat in them and the start to increase the pace. they last forever once they are upto temperature and performance is brilliant!!

Track 172 Cup
Would be first thing in the morning @bloke normally get there for 7:30-8am you coming over? Let you have a few laps if you wanna pay the £20 and sign on, Unless you wanna take it out on your trade plates lol, I've just bought a trailer (Brian James A-Max C4 has low sides, low ramps with tyre rack and chocks) so shouldn't have a problem getting it to you anymore lol just gotta go down Reading area tomorrow to pick it up

dan's cast offs.
was going to say if you wanted to drop to me beforehand i could take it out and bed them in for you.

Track 172 Cup
Tbh if I had though on I could have brought the new disc's and pads over when it was with you and saved whats left of the RC6 thats left as a back up in case I need them. I might call over after I have been to Blink and had my Geo set-up, either need to get rid of my Focus work horse and get soemthing with a tow bar or get a tow bar fitted to it but not sure how much I can tow with the Focus saves me borrowing my dads van with his OCD kicking in lol

Last edited:
  dan's cast offs.
doubt the focus will pull much? grab a td5 discovery and get it mapped. they're great for towing and loads of room in them.

Track 172 Cup
forgot to mention CHEAP lol I'm getting Married and moving house in the next few months, think the braked towing capacity on the focus is 1300kg so a no go with the Clio on it.

Clio 172 (CUP)
Would be first thing in the morning @bloke normally get there for 7:30-8am you coming over? Let you have a few laps if you wanna pay the £20 and sign on, Unless you wanna take it out on your trade plates lol, I've just bought a trailer (Brian James A-Max C4 has low sides, low ramps with tyre rack and chocks) so shouldn't have a problem getting it to you anymore lol just gotta go down Reading area tomorrow to pick it up

Off topic but... Just looking at trailers myself, looks good, did you go new? Any particular reason for this one over other makes?

Track 172 Cup
2nd hand although I don't think there is much in it tbh we have agreed on £2200 and I think new without the extra's they're about £2700+£500 in extra's ( mine will be similar to the pic's below if it is as advertised when we get there), It was just a nice trailer with the extra's we were looking at and as it has the next to no sides just the low wheel arches it means the doors can open and hopefully we can fit some pretty low cars on it (my dad's R8 is pretty low if we ever wanted to trailer that) also the ramps slide into the body and not in the middle (if you know what I mean) and they also seem to hold their money very well, didn't have to be Brian James as we looked at Ifor Williams, Indespension, PRG and Woodford just to name a few.

Attachments

• brian-james-trailers-a4-transporter-2600kg-4-5-x-2-0m-125-2323-p11365-3098_zoom.jpg
    brian-james-trailers-a4-transporter-2600kg-4-5-x-2-0m-125-2323-p11365-3098_zoom.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
  Clio 172 & BMW 335D
@StuOwen86 onky just seen this Stu yeah managed to do it I spoke to the javelin bloke when I signed in then spoke to the Marshall just before going on track and he put me at the back and I followed @George@RTR_Parts instructions. But make sure you get them hot!! They are so much better literally stand on them and they are spot on

Clio 172 (CUP)
2nd hand although I don't think there is much in it tbh we have agreed on £2200 and I think new without the extra's they're about £2700+£500 in extra's ( mine will be similar to the pic's below if it is as advertised when we get there), It was just a nice trailer with the extra's we were looking at and as it has the next to no sides just the low wheel arches it means the doors can open and hopefully we can fit some pretty low cars on it (my dad's R8 is pretty low if we ever wanted to trailer that) also the ramps slide into the body and not in the middle (if you know what I mean) and they also seem to hold their money very well, didn't have to be Brian James as we looked at Ifor Williams, Indespension, PRG and Woodford just to name a few.
Thanks, all very valid benefits, glad I asked, never thought about the walls and when height. I need to consider width so I can get it through a through garage for storage without having to modify walls/opening, that's probably going to limit me somewhat. Good luck, hope the purchase goes well.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Yes , not a problem Mark ref the 197/225 Brembo calipers for the DS1.11 pads mate :up:

Can supply them for any car if they list them so if any body as got another track toy and they want to try them, let me know!