ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bedding in - Track

Afternoon all,

I'm in the process of putting my brake kit together and ordering the parts I want to fit for track use.

My questions are;
Do DS2500, DS3000, or DS1.11 pads need to be bed in?
If so, HOW will I bed in new pads on a track day?

This may sound silly or be something I do not need to do, but paying a large sum for a brake setup, I don't want them to be shite or incorrectly run in.

Am I being a novice with this question :laughing:

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Bedding in instructions will come with the pads, usually involves getting them very hot so be sure not to come to a dead stop at anytime during the procedure.

Bedding in instructions will come with the pads, usually involves getting them very hot so be sure not to come to a dead stop at anytime during the procedure.

A previous set said "Get to 80 and brake really hard in a straight line" if I do that on a track day I'll have the front end of some nutter that's hunting me down, eating a Renault badge 😂

I'll have to see what the 'destructions' say and just see what's happen she on the track. I shall just take it nice and easy :up:

dan's cast offs.
40-20 4 times, 60-20 4 times, 80-20 4 times, 100-20 4 times. harder each time until last few when stand on the buggers and then leave to go cold.

that's roughly how i did last few sets of ds111.

I'd just go CL as they don't need as much bedding in as Ferodo, key is to let them cool down properly, that's bedding in any pad or discs, and especially if both are new.

I've just fitted CL8 and oh my days they are incredible, CL5+ are pretty good but just lack that bite at the end of the braking zone. The RC8s are on a different planet, even when cold, when hot... Jesus wept they literally pull your face off. I've always struggled to get the ABS to fire in my car even on road tyres and I couldn't even waft my foot over the brake without locking up. They'll be epic with hot R888s.

Just be careful if booking a sessioned track day when bedding in as you'll spend the first session with no brakes, and most of it trying to cool them down whilst being in the way of other drivers.

Clio 182
As already said, go for carbon Lorraine pads....no bedding in required, just brutal from the off. Did find my rc6 too much actually until i'd done a session or two and the edge had gone off them, before that just wanted to lock up every time I stood on the brakes!
I'd like to try the rc8 next if they're even bette again......

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
I've always done 80-30 for 8 cycles, breaking heavy but not heavy enough to kick in the ABS ... if you have it, then let the brakes cool down, and normally the next time you go out they're fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 Clio Sport 200
This is very helpful for me...but I'm in Australia and I'm not sure there's a CL distributor here. I have a 2011 build 200 Cup with Breton brakes, and would be grateful if anyone has the correct CL part numbers and can share them.