ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Been doing some colour coding

After going to the french car show and seeing various other cars I decided to do a spot of colour coding this week - mainly inspired by Maz and RichMcc - heres my efforts so far

CIMG11001.jpg

CIMG11011.jpg

CIMG11051.jpg

quite pleased with the results - only a few bits and pieces to finish it off needed now.

its in a powder coating place at the moment - changing from red to silver - just hope it aint a weird silver against the silver of the car but should be good

cool nice 1 Ail - I had been lookin on demon tweeks website - theres loads on there but quite pricey

Thanks Maz - hope you dont mind me copying you!

Maz

LY 200
Not copying at all .. :) where did you get the polishing done ?? and that nice silver bottle ;)

silver bottle is a bailey header tank - loads of places sell them - got mine from motorsport world. Plenham was polished at a polishers in Devon - was not very happy with it though as not done between the letters - I had a go myself before fitting it - its ok but not great - my original plenham is being matched at the moment then being polished by someone else so should be loads better next time - shall be selling this one then if anyone wants one.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I need my old plenium polished. but to do around the letters is a nitemare.

i paid 100£ off ebay for my headertank.

I noticed it on ebay just after paying for mine - nevermind!
I want my old plenham polished then matched but have just been told by another polisher that they can not do between the letters - surely there is a way - I have been told about a method of using millions of little ball bearing in a sort of drum that move around andd polish the surface in the process - need to find somewhere that does that i think - I am sure Ben at angelworks mentioned he knew someone

BMW E46 330i Touring
Whereabouts in Devon is the polishers mate? Do you mind if I ask how much they charged also?

it really was not a good job mate - the edges of the letters took loads of work to get looking half decent - only charged me £60 but wasnt worth nay more.
company is called GLM metal polishers
hers their website - http://www.motorcyclepolishing.co.uk/
The guy was really helpful at first - agreed to do in between letters but when I got it back he hadnt done it - I know its difficult but after telling me he would do it I expected it done - cost me £30 to post both ways as well!

BMW E46 330i Touring
Cheers for the link, I live nearby so I may actually pop in and have a chat face to face. I can understand it being annoying if they've missed part of it out though, the whole effect loses its edge...

Looks good though mate :)