ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Been offered a 172 in exchange for my 206!!

Mini Cooper
Im 19 (20 in december) and have just been offered a part ex on my car thru ebay!!
Its a 172 with loadsa extras, here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300028640854&ru=http://search.ebay.co.uk:80/300028640854_W0QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

and this is my car, a 2001 206 lx!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220027042003&sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:UK:1

id love to do this swap, but am worried about insurance!! anyone else on here got a 172 at my age, and if so, how much is insurance and who thru!?

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
m8 you will be hard pushed to get insured at 19...hard enuf at 20(with 2 yrs NBC)! but if you got a spare £2000+ to spend on insurance then go for it!!

clio 172 sport
get it if you can afford insurance pal im 23 3 yrs no claims and i pay£1100 fully comp get some proper power :cool: by the way nice 172 and 206.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
humm, remember petrol costs as well matey you'll be going from 42mpg ish to 32mpg

try directline for quotes

White Silver

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini JCW and FRS
The 172 looks nice, I don't like the weird numberplate though, it looks illegal? Shame about the scratch too.

Your eBay ad says you now have a company car though, so why would you want to p/x?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
i had my 172 when i was 18. had no ncb, and 3 points, paid 3.7k per year.. not to bad eh lol... only dropped by 500notes in the second year

Ad

MK2 FRS
Seems a good swap though.

depends on your postcode and NCB as to how the insurance will be.

soon: 172 Cup
Good luck getting a decent quote at your age with a company that will accept mods..... i tried...... i failed, looks like its standard for me for about a year.

Can't view e-bay at work but is the 172 the silver one on e-bay with 17's, rollcage etc etc??

If so, he said he has to get rid for insurance reasons..... i think this lil car may look pretty but may have been thrashed! (this is my personal opinion and in no way represents the views of other cliosport members!!! i thank thee!!!!)

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
There are a few guys on here who have 172's and under 20. Ben_P was one of them iirc. Try making a post in the insurance section and asking about prices etc

car? need a license 1st!
as soon as i looked at that pic i knew it was burnley tesco you can tell straight away :D

I'm from just over the hill in sabden! nice cars!!!

Insurance is going to be a stunner tho! Try Adrian Flux

Mini Cooper
ii burnley tesco rules for pics, lol!!

yeah im thinking the clio has been ragged, so gunna giv it a miss!! plus the reg doesnt come up when i try to get it valued on glass's!! bit sus so im gunna leave it!!

ps im getting a p/x as il be getting a compnay car so my girlfriend will be having my car, and she loves clios, so may aswell swap mine for a clio, as shel be driving it!!

Turbos.
With it being modified you'd struggle anyway, i'm 21 and i get turned down for a modified 172 by quite a few companies.

Black 172
I bought a Clio 172 yesterday. I am 19 (20 in two weeks). I searched loads for insurance. Best I could find was with Elephant at £2200 - fully comp. I have one year's NCB.

V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
If u cant afford insurance, trade the 206 for the 172, sell the 172 and surly u will have made a wee profit.

That guy is a melon, thats for the p/x.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
have you hpi'd it ?

what exhaust is on, if its a normal 182 exhaust it would point to the car being rear ended, cutting away the wheel well etc to fit it - you wouldent cut a wheel well away on a non written off car.

If it is somthing like a K-tec then abit of coin has been spent and its probably a great buy !

just my thoughts