ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Been rear-ended, will be a write off. truly gutted!

E87 118d M Sport
I never thought I'd be posting that, and am truly gutted whilst typing this.

Whilst stationary (on the way home from work) I was hit from behind at about 25-30mph. The road basically turns a corner and there is a bus stop, I had to stop as the bus had stopped on the other lane, and a car was overtaking the bus (they wouldnt have seen me when they overtook) so i had to stop.
A white 106 came up behind and had no chance of stopping (i was looking in the mirror at the time as you do and saw it was guna happen) so just braced for impact and sighed (felt like crying in that split second that seemed to last for a long time)

He luckily lived 400 yards ish from where it happened so we went to his and he went inside to get details etc (so i know it is definitely his house). He is a 30 year old HGV driver and i do feel sorry for him as he was as gutted as i am for both cars, but all the details are legitimate, and directline are being reali helpful (so far).

I initally said that they can start proceedings with bayliss, but was going to speak to a local body repair shop (a friend who i fully trust who has done work for me before) and he looked under the car and said it was a write off instantly. So im guna deal through him and see what happens.

As you will see from the boot pics, I agree (as much as I dont want it to be written off)

SNV83112.gif

SNV83117.gif

SNV83113.gif

SNV83122.gif

SNV83120.gif

I know its only a car, and he is insured so everything should be okay, but it doesnt take away from the fact that i am truly gutted. the clio is my pride and joy and im just hoping that it can be repaired and i get it back so my friend can repair it. Im not sure how that all works, but im will do all i can.

Thanks for reading. :dapprove:

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
such a shame that, i know how it feels to write off your pride and joy!

get on pistonheads though and browse through the clasifides, helps heal the pain! :)

Mini Cooper S sport
Arghhh that's a shame :( I can see the crease in the boot..

I know it doesn't help, but at least you're OK.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I know your pain mate, wrote mine off on Friday, no feeling like it :(

Like said, the best accidents are the ones you walk away from

clio 182 black /gold
What a shame. My Corsa was similar to that also the front bumper bonnet headlight grill and radiator needed replacing and they put it back on the road. My car was a 1998 "S" reg and it was about 5-6 years old. If the roof has a kink in it. im sure they will write it off as it will need a shell.

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
gutted for you, know how you feel. happened to me 3 times now so touch wood thats it for me, they say things happen in 3's

1.4 phase 1
sorry to hear it, might be repairable thou, just as long as it affect the strength of the body. if the rear beam is damaged is can be easily replaced.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Without sounding like a scam-merchant, go to see a doctor immediately just to be checked over. If you come up in the next couple of weeks with tenderness then you'll be kicking yourself that you can't claim the time off work you'll need to rest your back if it starts giving you s**t.

Sorry to hear about the car though, it's never easy to lose one like that. Marginally better than watching some scrote rag it around after you sold it, I guess.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I think its that much more gutting when its not your fault!

Sorry to hear. Its a horrible feeling.

Chelsea tractor
Without sounding like a scam-merchant, go to see a doctor immediately just to be checked over. If you come up in the next couple of weeks with tenderness then you'll be kicking yourself that you can't claim the time off work you'll need to rest your back if it starts giving you s**t.
You must be quite physically fit?

Mk7 Golf, Daytona600
As i said on the phone earlier, absolutely gutted for you.

Hope you get things sorted asap! If you need anything like lifts or what ever, give us a text.

Barge
Bad times fella :( - but at least you're in one piece. As much as you love it, a car can be replaced! Chin up.

E87 118d M Sport
I feel your pain :( same happened to me in my 106, but they were doing 50mph .... FYI directline were an excellent company to deal with claim wise.

yeah they seem reali helpful so far. spoken to them twice, and i spose as an innocent victim they are as helpful as they can be, none of the money is coming out of their pocket. we'll see.

+1.

Love this car, you put so much work into it, such a shame.

cheers mate. i am truly gutted and it does make it seem such a shame that all the time ive spent has ended like this.

Sorry to hear about the car though, it's never easy to lose one like that. Marginally better than watching some scrote rag it around after you sold it, I guess.

ill see how i feel. im a bit shaken still and got a headache.

SG9 Forester STi
Ah sorry to hear this! Good to hear you're ok though! Hope it'll be able to be repaired!!!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Feel for you mate, always the worst when you've got enough time to see the impact is about to happen but can't do anything about it.

Death of Monaco makes it worse :( At least you're ok buddy, thank funk he wasn't going silly speeds.

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
Im really sorry to hear about the car mate - it really was a minter! Hope it gets sorted ASAP and that you are ok.

182/ 172 Cup
sorry to see this mate, iv seen worse repaired (i work in a body shop). insuance wise it will be a write off but for a bodyshop to repair it id say worth repairing.

E87 118d M Sport
Im really sorry to hear about the car mate - it really was a minter! Hope it gets sorted ASAP and that you are ok.

thats whats made it worse imo. if it was a pile of crap i wouldnt be so concerned, but it was such a nice car in such good condition. thanks for your and amandas commments mate.

Oh no, I'm really sorry to read this!! A Monaco too, twice as bad :(

i know.....not alot i can do tho is it.

sorry to see this mate, iv seen worse repaired (i work in a body shop). insuance wise it will be a write off but for a bodyshop to repair it id say worth repairing.

we'll have to see what happens. im trying to be hopeful but so dissapointed.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
:cry:My old car. Gutted for you fella, loved that car. Single most important thing is that you're ok fella!
Get the seats out asap, if it is a write off there's £800 right there. There's a guy on pheads (username anniesdad or similar), runs a company that takes over for you in a non-fault claim. Makes sure you get an equiv courtesy car etc, might be worth getting them involved.

E87 118d M Sport
Cheers mate. Yeah im alive and I know its only a car.
Yeah if its a write off I will see what my chances of buying it back are, as I dont wanna lose it? but I'm not reali too sure how this works, needs to do some research.
What does his company do? gets more for a non-fault claim that my insurance would get out of his insurance? thanks for the advice!

E87 118d M Sport
you dont wanna go halves on a set of recaros with james do you lol, one each?

it is gay!!! full of gay tbh! still, gotta be positive. hopefully i can get it back and repaired etc.

BG 182
i would actually lol but thats worst case scenario of course. Get that beast fixed and back on the road!

E87 118d M Sport
yeah im hoping thats what will happen. need to hear back from the insurance company to see what the next step is etc.