ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Before I change my disks, is this the spacer?

RS 182
Is this the spacer everyone talks about remembering to put back in before putting on your rear disks?

52E1A77F-CD3E-4492-A395-4B23775E9F0B-5352-00000A6B2F1F08E5.jpg

Cheers

RS 182
Cheers guys! I ended up only changine one side, as one of the spacers was missing! And instead of ruining my new bearing, i'll order a spacer, and change the disk when it arrives :)

PH2 Flamer
Wtf? I dont have these?

None came off and no new ones came with the discs.

Replaced my rear doscs about 3-4 months ago now.

As I said above, they often get stuck to the back of the disc and then thrown away when people are fitting new ones. They then fit the new ones not knowing that you need to reuse the spacer.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Part number is 6000073518

I try to tell people about these when they are ordering brakes. They can often get thrown away by mistake by previous owners as they can become stuck to discs when removing them.

They should come with/be on the car and refitted. They don't come with discs when you buy them

Last edited:
  RS 182
Part number is 6000073518

I try to tell people about these when they are ordering brakes. They can often get thrown away by mistake by previous owners as they can become stuck to discs when removing them.

They should come with/be on the car and refitted. They don't come with discs when you buy them
Yeah mate, Fred @ BTM told me about this when i ordered the brakes! He did say, if i fitted them without the spacer, it would just ruin my wheels bearing in a matter of weeks, soo Feates172, maybe worth ordering a couple and getting them on asap if your not too late?

PH2 Flamer
Can these be seen without removing disc? If so ill check tomorrow. Deffo dont remember them being on the disc. But wasnt looking tbh.

Hopefully they didnt get chucked with the discs and are still on there.

What the issue they cause when they are missing?

Worried now. Done discs and pads on every car ive owned and never come across these.

Mine ended up with one off Fred's own car after I went down for new rears on a Sunday and nowhere was open! :hail:

Can these be seen without removing disc? If so ill check tomorrow. Deffo dont remember them being on the disc. But wasnt looking tbh.

Hopefully they didnt get chucked with the discs and are still on there.

What the issue they cause when they are missing?

Worried now. Done discs and pads on every car ive owned and never come across these.

I think basically without the spacer when everything's tightened up there's too much pressure on the bearings, so they just destroy themselves eventually.

Lionel Richie
i can tell you if the spacer is fitted by looking at the rear hub nut, post a picture if you are worried