ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Being 30 and in a 182

182 Sport
34 going on 19 and recently purchased a 182 from a 1.2 clio. Loving it and you're never too old! Also ride motorbikes but loving 4 wheels more and more.

Mk2 172
For me, being over 30 and having a Clio isn't the problem... it's constantly wanting to drive like a 17 year old that is lol

It's like a little devil on the shoulder whispering in the ear.

'05 BG RS182 FF
There's a general perception that it's a young mans car.

That's why i have one, i'm 30 and driving around it in takes a good 10 years off.

I love my 182, it never fails to put a smile on my face.

RB + LY 182 FF
I'm 30 and have owned RenaultSports since I was 23... Considered a3/golf just not as fun... And every man and his dog has a audi

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
My dad's 65 and retired and bought the Cup we share and mainly track. I look after the running costs. He also bought a 182 FF at 62 and declared it the best car he's owned. He used it for a 40 mile a day commute and occasional track days. Was thoroughly impressed with the fuel consumption and the car's easy handling. Had a Puma and a CRX before the Clio. Usually changes cars every 6/12 months. Has a mk2 Focus (wifes car) and a Motorhome as his other vehicles at the moment. Despite his hefty salary he seemed to prefer sub premium cars!? Less money now retired and having upgraded the motorhome hence me taking on the running costs
of the Cup.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
The Cup I have now was a family car. It has the scars on the rear bench and was full of small toys and days out under the rear seat and in the boot. Must have dumped last Christmas's Xmas tree too with it to.

My isofix baby seat fits the Cup better than my 206 estate. Gap between the heat rest and the poverty spec seat is just in the right place for the top of the baby seat so no knees under chin in the front if your tall. I'm only 5'10" so even the Peugeot is fine.

The baby seat shouldn't touch the front seat.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
40, sold a high powered sports bike, bought FF182, made up with it, don't miss the bike at all at the moment...

Willo

200 GORDINI
well im 57 and my wife is 55
both petrol heads driving a rs gordini remapped at rs tuning with akrapovic evolution full system on it.
turns heads everywhere we go,driven daily by the wife,hear it coming before you see it.awesome sound.
who gives a s**t about age ,its just a number.
people who worry about what other people think about them have issues.
get a life.
if you enjoy cars,drive what you want.
were getting a boxster next.
bet its not half as much fun as the rs but i want to say ive owned one.
lifes too short.
drive what YOU want.!!!!!!!!!

Clio Sport 172
I'm 54 and have had the 172 since new 10 years ago, the wife wanted a Clio, and I said only if it's a sport.
We have other cars for moving the kids or long trips, this is just the play car.
The OP needs to trade her in (not the car).

182 Sport
Give it time! I reckon you'll get a hankering for two wheels again in future. I've still got a bike but thinking of selling it because I just want to take the 182 out rather than the bike. Especially after seeing that recent video of the biker fatality head on at a ton. Ironically a clio that the biker came into contact with.