ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Belgian Iceberg Phase I

Clio RS
It has been almost 5 years now that I have had the car. It has changed a bit so thought I'd post some pics of the changes. It will change a bit more when summer arrives.

a couple of weeks in my hands, wouldn't change a thing, well, didn't last long

fitted wind deflectors, phase II rear lights and clear side repeaters
2dt8vvs.jpg

aufsxt.jpg

first repaint job, getting rid of some stonechipping and fitting a splitter, from a laguna
wv68sw.jpg

zuvxh.jpg

2h8a8gy.jpg

4l6es1.jpg

xlky9f.jpg

then came the cup spoiler (thanks cliosport forum)
35jf6nc.jpg

and black rear wiper
rc58ax.jpg

stayed like that for a while untill I had an accident with an Audi A4 (I hate VAG)
o7q849.jpg

stripped it
24pe6aw.jpg

repaired it with all genuine Renault parts
6xzznn.jpg

removed the Renault Sport badges and welded up the holes from the Renault badge
9vdp1w.jpg

back home after a week or two, felt strange to drive it again
2qks1md.jpg

13zomtt.jpg

wanted to do something under the bonnet too, so
244teyv.jpg

and picked up a new set off wheels for the summer
hvck6r.jpg

detailing became more of a hobby, love the beading!
2n8msyo.jpg

although it does become dirty, it's still a daily driver after all
28t9y6f.jpg

then came the own version of the jms set-up (found the induction hose again on the forum)
2u58g44.jpg

and a supersprint mid section but no pics from that

2ezk7yf.jpg

next up, was a bit of boredome, wanted to change the car again, but just a little detail. something you wouldn't notice if you don't know anything about them. after painted the 2.0 16v badge of de sidestrips black came the painting of the mirrors
zmgw86.jpg

kdsqkk.jpg

1180i2o.jpg

the idea came from an Audi RS4 I had to repair at work, which had a black footplate with an matt finish silver mirrorcover

next up was a bit of shakespeare (came from the movie 'Seabiscuit' and the little version of the 172
23rwvua.jpg

than last year (2011) came the lowering in the summer holiday. We had a skoda in for repairs so asked my boss to order me a splitter, since we needed to get parts for that car anyway.
which I fitted on a sunday, piece of cake to fit, looks superb, costs almost nothing, thank you cliosport forum again
2j6ajbd.jpg

2i0d8hc.jpg

after reading a lot on the forum about the eibach springs, decided that that wass the way to go. went for prolines in the end. I would have loved it a bit lower like on sportlines but then would have issues with the mot so had to compromise
makes washing the car a lot easier too
2lo62vn.jpg

2nqb2pv.jpg

28vrsc4.jpg

and it works for the b-roads over here too
nxjsci.jpg

4i0ox1.jpg

then back to the interior
with the fitment of a new retrimmed steeringwheels from Arran
2m2u92d.jpg

the old one:
2j41yxx.jpg

and some alcantara pieces, thank cliosport forum once more
2lsbpli.jpg

and last mod was the omp rear strut brace.
I'm still having doubts about the front because you have to drill some holes...
a9wl5s.gif

and the last pic with my other car:
n5sacy.jpg

all these changes were done over the years. it's my daily drive and I absolutely love it. It was even very handy when me and the misses moved in together. The things it carried, with ease, I might ad!! I love my little clio. It is not a very common car over here. you see the 197 and 200 models more often than the 172s
plans for this year are
phase II sidestrips
carbonfibre bullets, clio badge and front diamonds
a big service again, changing all the belts
repare and repaint the 16inch oz wheels in black
would love a supersprint backbox to, more stealth but we will see because we are looking to buy a house

thanks for looking
comments are welcome
and sorry if I've made a lot off mistakes in my English

kind regards

Dominique

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice to see someone keeping their car relatively standard and staying with the car for so long !

More pics of the other bus needed ! :approve:

Belgian number plates still look odd ;)

Hi Dominique , no need to apologise for your English, its pretty much spot on!

For some reason, I really really like this car. Cant put my finger on it though...

For me a ph2 rear bumper and it would be perfect!!!

Clio RS
the subaru has been with me for about 10 years now, was a totally standard 'stars 25' edition

has been repainted and a lot of work done to it
2rntu03.jpg

25ksew2.jpg

25ksew2.jpg

had a lot of work and rust issues. it was an accident car when we bought it but hadn't been repaired all that well by the garage where we bought it

took it to francochamps for the belgian subaru trackday
qnnvw2.jpg

1emka0.jpg

29bbimd.jpg

then fitted sti rear lights after all those years in doubt and even going the lexus style route...
2lbj679.jpg

shame I had to redo it after the first time because the rust didn't go away the way I wanted it
so redid it
2lac2o1.jpg

muu9p3.jpg

had the rear quarters done by a pro

stayed like this at work, for about 2 months I think, lost interest, lost courage
14keb84.jpg

rust was still comming
6syibq.jpg

2wgaqkj.jpg

welded in a lot of new pieces and even had a fire... I was in doubt to let it just burn but...

but eventually it got done
21cfk49.jpg

rmtvtk.jpg

and did some other mods
tar05d.jpg

and now looks like this
25hkdg9.jpg

ehjksz.jpg

it spents most of its life in the garage, only comes out on a sunny day, when the roads arent wet because I just can't handle the rust anymore. I know that it still has rust in places but... the car hasn't been washed in years because, well it doesn't get dirty anymore. the bodywork has been waxed to when it is a bit dirty or dusty, I just go over it with a meguiars quick detailer, put in the garage and lay a few sheets over it

I have made the swith, in my head to sell it, twice now. because I don't use it, because it has cost me a lot, a lot of money but then again, it's not worth that much. so I'm better off keeping it that selling it for almost free.

speclist:
Sti splitter
Sti badge
clear corner lights
clear side repeaters
sti 03 wheels
rallyarmor mudflaps
sti rear lights
sti strut brace
hks dumpvalve
sfs silicone intercooler hoses
supersprint catback system
stri gauges

I would love some eibach sportlines and a whiteline stage 1 kit, maybe some brembo brakes but that would cause issues for the mot so, for now, just enjoy it when and if I can. and we will see. its car with so much effort and emotional value, that...
my godchild (hopefully correct) is becoming one year tomorrow. I want to keep it to take here for a spin in it too.

o well...

sorry for the long update on that car

Clio RS
by Chris Powell
a0819k.jpg

just waiting on the phase II sidestrips now
hopefully getting them this week
then maybe clean the 172 this weekend but the weather is below 0 for the moment so not sure...

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Very nice car m8, love the cc parts and the 16" :cool:
I visit burg-reuland in Belgium a few times a year, just love the "Ardennes". Haven't been there with the RS yet but it must be a dream to live there with a good drivers car. The best thing is you have two !! :D

Last edited:
  Clio RS
Smokey, actually live not so near to the ardennes but still have some great roads over here. my mate lives near france and on the way up there... let me just hope I never meet any police.

Evil, that's my goal for this year. drove a bit more than a 100kms on sunday so it's a start.

Clio RS
had a day off work today

went to the mot, and passed.
the chief called it perfect

then enjoyed the nice sunny day by cleaning it, after all the snow...
2rrximx.jpg

u9g2d.jpg

and then I fitted the phase II sidestrips from sprayshack with the carbon bullets from chris powell
347iry9.jpg

zwl3th.jpg

comments are welcome, good and bad

I now it's not much now but I still have the carbon clio badge, front diamond and black wheels to put on when summer comes

Clio RS
vrv9f8.jpg

14w91ue.jpg

spent a lot of money today on the car
went to pick up another front bumper which needs a bit of work but every clip is intact so, will be better.

and also collected the fresly refurbished oz wheels for the summer. they are not completely finished but you get the idea...

c&c welcome

Dominique

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Fantastic mate, love the dedication going into that and the Subaru! Fair play to you! Clio looks fantastic as it stands!

Clio RS
bit by bit, still things that need to be done but I have time, had the car for 5 years now, and it's not going anywhere so....