ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bell Direct - Cancelling claim issues

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Recently cancelled my claim with Bell Direct and thought everything was sorted.. got the car back and was assured that I'd have one free recovery and all other fee's would be covered.

Phoned them today to suspend my policy until I get a new car (only just found out I can do this...) and was told I can't suspend it because their's an open claim on file. So, went through to claims department who told me there are invoices that need to be paid. I wasn't made aware of these beforehand and was told I won't have any charges!!

Just received a phone call saying that unless I can give a name or a date/time of the specific phone calls (I've spent about 40 quid so far...!) then I will have to pay recovery/storage/fees of around 300 quid!

If I can prove that I was told it'd be free then they will honor this and give my NCB back and allow me to change my policy (and receive a refund if the car is lower cost) free of charge.

They MUST have a log right in front of them of my calls to them and they're just trying everything they can do not to pay! :( Because "we receive thousands of calls every day we can't go through the logs - we need an exact time". Grrrr!

Where do I stand? I was told at least 3 times by different people that I'd be free!

Audi TTS S Tronic
All that I can think of mate, is calling your telephone provider and get them to send you a statement, then you can see when you called them. If it was them ringing you, not a clue unfortunately, unless you can remember doing something on that specific day e.g. had a doctors appointment

Family Bus
Little lesson, not helpful now, but ALWAYS take down the full name of anyone you speak to at these places.
Not proof of what they say but a little way towards helping them find the logs.

Hope you manage to get some sort of proof.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
I can look at my online bill (though O2 is currently down for some reason!) but still doesn't really help as I've made so many calls to them (they wouldn't call me so I had to call them all the time to chase things up) I don't know which one I need :( Can't remember anything on the days.

One thing I thought is I'm sure I was told this when one day when I made 3 calls in one day so if I can find that day I should be able to locate it a bit better. Shame I can't record calls myself because I would have done so :(

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Little lesson, not helpful now, but ALWAYS take down the full name of anyone you speak to at these places.
Not proof of what they say but a little way towards helping them find the logs.

Hope you manage to get some sort of proof.
Yeah I know it's common sense really but I just completely forgot! :( Cheers

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Never got a phone call back but that's no surprise!

Phoned again today and was told again the file can't be closed until the invoices are paid. I've found what I believe to be the time and date of the phonecall/s that I was told it'd be free and the woman said there's nothing she can do - the file handler will phone me tomorrow (bullsh*t!) and tell me what invoices need to be paid to get my NCB back.

It seems everybody there has their own idea on how to run the company...!

Completely useless!

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
I once rang my insurance company and said, hi I would like to change my car and need a quote, to cut a long story short she said "yeh that will be an extra £51" so being quite shocked at this I questioned her and said are you saying that its £51 extra all in, i will pay no more. "yes sir" .

Off I trot 175 miles to yorkshire, purchase the car, call them up and say hi I would like to pay my extra £51 please. "no sir its alot more than that it will be an extra £400"

I explained I was told £51 etc so she said ok i will get my manager to check the call logs and we will call you back. Eventually get a call from her manager "I have listened to the calls and you are totally correct she did say it was £51 but she was wrong, so basically go f**k yourself" . Ok i have edited the last bit but he admitted completely that i was right in what i said but he still refused to give em the cover at the stated price. I argued on the phone for a few minutes saying hwo can you admit I am right but you wont do ti for me. No joy. In the end had to swap insureres and lose 6 months worth of NCD which at 19 was great.

Moral of the story is that insurance companies are c**ts and will do whatever the f**k they want.